DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Live streaming

flightsimulation

Reactions
Hey all, i would like to try streaming any recommendations, advice or tips?

Im looking to shoot in 4k and stream in 4k.

Via the remote? not going to happen sorry

No, it's not possible because the WiFi-Connection is not perfomant enaugh for 4K.
To Go4-App it's only a preview-stream.

I see there is an option to stream to Facebook live and youtube, but I dont think i ever noticed FB has 4k.

I guess ill try youtube!

Have any of you had any issues with either or?

I see there is an option to stream to Facebook live and youtube, but I dont think i ever noticed FB has 4k.

I guess ill try youtube!

Have any of you had any issues with either or?
i do both facebook and youtube, but with youtube you havt to use the backdoor method to bypas the 1000 subscriber thing, both otherwise work great

I don't think just streaming was his issue, but he wanted to stream in 4k

Reactions: johnsctt78
Sorry i want to make sure i understand. Are you saying i cant stream? I want to stream the visual on the phone? Stream what i see on the phone is what I would like to do?

Were you thinking i want to stream only the camera from the drone without all the telemetry?

Thanks
That is still through the remote, what you see using a phone or tablet is just your visual screen for the remote.

Sorry i want to make sure i understand. Are you saying i cant stream? I want to stream the visual on the phone? Stream what i see on the phone is what I would like to do?

Were you thinking i want to stream only the camera from the drone without all the telemetry?

Thanks
NO NO NO, you can stream through the Go4 app, you are not able to stream at 4k

Reactions: johnsctt78
i do both facebook and youtube, but with youtube you havt to use the backdoor method to bypas the 1000 subscriber thing, both otherwise work great
Were you able to get Facebook in 4k?

As for the backdoor bypass, is that for streaming to the public (need 1000 subs) or any streaming privately included?

Are you saying i cant stream?
You can stream with Go4.

Be advised that the downstream quality with the AIR is only 720@30. (Depending on WiFi quality and or distance)

Reactions: MavicFlyer
Ok just wondering how did others get 4k videos did they just upload a video to YT or FB, not stream?
You can stream with Go4.

Be advised that the downstream quality with the AIR is only 720@30. (Depending on WiFi quality and or distance)

The only way to get 4K drone video to stream is to get the 4K video from the SD card, and upload it to a web site that can supply 4K streams (youtube, VIMEO). The direct streams from the drone down are only 720 generally, sometimes 1080, limited by the quality of the drone download link

The only way to get 4K drone video to stream is to get the 4K video from the SD card, and upload it to a web site that can supply 4K streams (youtube, VIMEO). The direct streams from the drone down are only 720 generally, sometimes 1080, limited by the quality of the drone download link
Excellent thanks so technically it will not live stream in 4k but i can simply upload the video after the fact non streaming to youtube in 4k.
Unless we find a way to live stream from an sd card instead. If even possible. Probably not tho.

Any kind of streaming requires a streaming server someplace. YouTube and VIMEO are both streaming servers. You can set your home computer as a server as well, with PLEX which is a free streaming server as well. Note that all the streaming servers require the viewer to connect with the server, and request the streaming video be played.

Another important note is that both VIMEO and YouTube reencode your work, so they are not suitable for making critical quality decisions.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000