DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loads of Skypixel photos would be illegal here!

ash2020

Reactions
Hi all.
I was idly flicking through some of the amazing photos on Skypixel in the DJI Go4 app, going Wow! Wow and then I thought, how could I possibly take shots like those, they would be completely illegal in the UK. Flying after dark, above crowds and vehicles, city centres, etc. For instance, my son says that it is now banned in all parks in Bristol. I'm lucky living in a sparsely populated area but it must be getting very difficult for people living in towns and cities.

It would also be illegal speeding on the highway or parking in the city without a permit.

Reactions: Domagoj
It would also be illegal speeding on the highway or parking in the city without a permit.
Certainly it would, the difference is that, potentially, it will be very easy from the DJI servers to find out who, where and when!

Hi all.
I was idly flicking through some of the amazing photos on Skypixel in the DJI Go4 app, going Wow! Wow and then I thought, how could I possibly take shots like those, they would be completely illegal in the UK. Flying after dark, above crowds and vehicles, city centres, etc. For instance, my son says that it is now banned in all parks in Bristol. I'm lucky living in a sparsely populated area but it must be getting very difficult for people living in towns and cities.

A lot of them would be illegal where they were taken too...

The UK has fairly relaxed drone laws. 400ft max, line of sight, 50m from people and buildings, 150m+ from crowds and built up areas. That leaves most of the country completely fine to fly.

Also don't forget you can get permission to fly close and in off limit areas. For example people holding a PfCO can apply for exemptions and so on.

Certainly it would, the difference is that, potentially, it will be very easy from the DJI servers to find out who, where and when!
So with a connected car. I think there's something called "privacy".

Most people seem to do a fairly good job of incriminating themselves by doing something illegal with a drone then putting the video on youtube. No 3rd party needed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000