DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

location dng's

Orion33

Reactions
Since two days I own a Mavic2 Pro and the Smart controller. I'm a complete newbie with android!
So far I'm satisfied with this purchase. Every thing works fine but it is a steep learning curve.
As usual the manuals are far from complete, so Youtube is very needed. Storing pictures on the Mavic/Smart controller I found very difficult.
I shoot in raw/dng and don't now on which places they are stored. Tonight I discovered that the dng's are stored in the memory of the aircraft itself.
So far as I know there are 3 storage locations possible; in the memory of the aircraft, in the SD-card placed in the aircraft and the SD-card in the smart controller.
I tried different settings to store the dng's on the sd-card of the smart controller but they all failed and there were only jpg-previews on the sd-card.

You cannot find anything decent about this in the manual and it also hard to find a good tutorial about these settings on youtube.
So does anyone know what is the right procedure to get the dng's on the controller sd-card and is there a youtube-tutorial about this?

In the nearby past I owned a Phantom 3 with a I-Pad mini and getting the photo's on the right place was much easier.

By the way; the Mavic2 flies superb and the pictures are great!

Ton

Is the SD Card fast enough? If it cant keep up with the raw files I think it puts them in the internal memory.
Heres a link to SD Card suggestions (if that is it).
SD card

Is the SD Card fast enough? If it cant keep up with the raw files I think it puts them in the internal memory.
Heres a link to SD Card suggestions (if that is it).
SD card
I will put my fastest card in it (sandisk extreme 126gig) and give it a try. But I don't think this is a solution. I take single shots so loading around 35Mb should not be a problem.

Another curious thing; I formatted the card in the smart controller and after that my mac did not accept the card anymore. Normally its can read the ms-dos formatted cards/usb sticks etc.

Ton

Since two days I own a Mavic2 Pro and the Smart controller. I'm a complete newbie with android!
So far I'm satisfied with this purchase. Every thing works fine but it is a steep learning curve.
As usual the manuals are far from complete, so Youtube is very needed. Storing pictures on the Mavic/Smart controller I found very difficult.
I shoot in raw/dng and don't now on which places they are stored. Tonight I discovered that the dng's are stored in the memory of the aircraft itself.
So far as I know there are 3 storage locations possible; in the memory of the aircraft, in the SD-card placed in the aircraft and the SD-card in the smart controller.
I tried different settings to store the dng's on the sd-card of the smart controller but they all failed and there were only jpg-previews on the sd-card.

You cannot find anything decent about this in the manual and it also hard to find a good tutorial about these settings on youtube.
So does anyone know what is the right procedure to get the dng's on the controller sd-card and is there a youtube-tutorial about this?

In the nearby past I owned a Phantom 3 with a I-Pad mini and getting the photo's on the right place was much easier.

By the way; the Mavic2 flies superb and the pictures are great!

Ton

You cannot store the DNGs on the SD card in the controller. They are stored in the aircraft, either in internal memory or on the aircraft's SD card depending on your settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder