DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Loch Loyne Viewpoint

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Todays Highland Drone footage from our recent Drumnadrochit trip, an atmospheric short flight from the viewpoint at Loch Loyne..

The 6th day of our holiday, and the weather was thoroughly wet, a trip out again along the 'Road to the Isles' to see if we could capture some more of the majestic views on offer, but soo wet this was the only opportunity to fly that day...

Still, the moodiness of the weather adds something to the views....

It must have been tempting to send the drone whizzing down the loch to, if possible, see what was "around the corner". I admire your restraint.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
It must have been tempting to send the drone whizzing down the loch to, if possible, see what was "around the corner". I admire your restraint.
Very tempting, but 1 mile from where I was standing EGR610A low fly zone starts, and although the RAF probably weren't going to be flying low in the weather - and I was flying before the zone became active - I would rather not send Mighty Midge down the intake of a Typhoon if I can help it ;)

TBH it was that wet I didnt want to risk sending the drone too far away, as had the wet caused a motor to stall and the drone to crash I would have had to take a long walk through wet and boggy terrain to recover it and the footage, so it was the sensible thing to do - even if I didnt want ot be sensible :)

Reactions: Micky52
How did you know about RAF flight times? That's one thing that worries me about a prospective trip up there.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlbionDrones
Well. Yet again, you have provided us all with another lesson. That s l o w reveal over the trees was excellent. Thanks!
Thanks Jim, looking at it now there was much more I could do, the slow reveal, stayed closer to the trees, been smoother on the first bit over the rocks - but it was blowing a hoolie - but overall its good enough :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147