DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Log book

sbsnyman

Reactions
Has anyone found a log book they absolutely love? I've thought about a digital log or creating an Excel file, but ultimately, I want a physical copy.

If you search the forum for log book find that many have asked and received many answers. Check it out.

Not looking for anything crazy, just the usual. Name, make/model, location, takeoff/landing/flight times, etc..
I've used these for many years. Can't go wrong and cheap enough to pick up several when on sale.
or

Last edited:
What do you want to use as the source of the information?
The .txt flight log or the csv derived from that?
How many drones do you have and what control apps do they use?

I am asking these questions because Go, Go4 and early FLY app version .txt flight logs can be converted to csv's via the appropriate TXTlogToCSVtool which can be run from a Windows command line on all those logs, see

Later version fly app logs need to be processed via the likes of Phantomhelp
Flightreader
or Airdata

If you want minimal information check out the Airdata csv's, their csv's might be the simplest option for you.

It is possible you could write your own program to lift the desired information from the csv's.

I have done this using Linux and "awk" ( which I am told is not the best language to use for processing csv's but at least I sort of know my way around some of it ) and I am no programmer, I can't program in windows.
If you are flying only drones that use one control app and one log processor then all you need to look at is the particular columns in the csv and you can do that via their column numbers.
Things get more complicated if you use csv's from multiple apps and sources and, ..... of course I do on both scores lol,.......... but I do not use the csv's from Airdata, they don't contain the information I want.

That said, Airdata and Flightreader might offer pre packaged logbooks, I now use Flightreader ( run in windows ), but only to get the csv's and then my program does the rest.

For each flight I create one line in an output csv that lists
Date and time,
the drone's model and serial number,
the battery's serial number,
battery charge count,
battery start & finish voltages and percentages,
the controller's serial number,
take off point,
the max height,
the lowest point,
max distance,
total distance flown in that flight,
flight time,
number of photos and videos taken
other things that you'd probably consider irrelevant.

Last edited:
What do you want to use as the source of the information?
The .txt flight iog or the csv derived from that?
How many drones do you have and what control apps do they use?

I am asking these questions because Go, Go4 and early FLY app version .txt flight logs can be converted to csv's via the appropriate TXTlogToCSVtool which can be run from a Windows command line on all those logs, see

Later version fly app logs need to be processed via the likes of Phantomhelp
Flightreader
or Airdata

If you want minimal information check out the Airdata csv's, their csv's might be the simplest option for you.

It is possible you could write your own program to lift the desired information from the csv's.

I have done this using Linux and "awk" ( which I am told is not the best language to use for processing csv's but at least I sort of know my way around some of it ) and I am no programmer, I can't program in windows.
If you are flying only drones that use one control app and one log processor then all you need to look at is the particular columns in the csv and you can do that via their column numbers.
Things get more complicated if you use csv's from multiple apps and sources and, ..... of course I do on both scores lol,.......... but I do not use the csv's from Airdata, they don't contain the information I want.

That said, Airdata and Flightreader might offer pre packaged logbooks, I now use Flightreader ( run in windows ), but only to get the csv's and then my program does the rest.

For each flight I create one line in an output csv that lists
Date and time,
the drone's model and serial number,
the battery's serial number,
battery charge count,
battery start & finish voltages and percentages,
the controller's serial number,
take off point,
the max height,
the lowest point,
max distance,
total distance flown in that flight,
flight time,
number of photos and videos taken
other things that you'd probably consider irrelevant.
What a great reply. I was going to mention AirData but you beat me to it. I find that is all I need.

I was going to mention AirData but you beat me to it. I find that is all I need.
Ever try Flight Reader? It has no required yearly fees like Airdata. You can try it for free if you're interested in comparing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB