DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Logo Font

MAVIC (Avenir Heavy) PRO (Avenir Light)

At least that looks like a close match to me.

Without putting them on top of each other, I notice on the M is different.

If you just need the exact words MAVIC PRO, there are solutions. I do graphics recreation at my work, and sometimes it's near impossible to match the fonts for what I do. What do you need to do with the logo? I may be able to help.

EDIT, might be GOTHAM.

I did quite the search also, but I think they tweaked the lettering themselves. Probably the best would be to photograph the wing close up, then map up a SVG/Illustrator vector outline to the photograph.

V5rOunu.jpg

Littera Plain

That's close but not the same. Without doing an overlay, the C in Mavic, and the PRO are different. MAVI looks like a match, but could also be very slightly different.

I suggest as @halley said, Get a good image of the logo, then use a vector based geometry program, import the logo, and trace the letters exactly. I can (possibly) do it for you over this weekend if you are unfamiliar.

EDIT: Or there is an app called Inkscape that can do it (kind of) automatically.

Reactions: CWH
Gotham is closer than anything I already had thanks, it's only for a video text title I wasn't trying to make a sticker - though perhaps there would be a market for them.

There's a uncomfortable kerning problem between the A and the V.
Not only in the drone's arm but also at the DJI Go 4 app (that for some reason uses a different typeface).

It's the MA VICPRO drone ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: erikgraham
We should make a Mavic avatar icon

The easiest would be to rasterize the first page of the Mavic users guide. Then you'll get an exact copy of the logo. But I agree about the kerning problem - it really states "Ma vic Pro", and should therefore be fixed by anyone trying to make their own copy of it [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Kerning... A term I learned for the first time when a certain someone's birth certificate was challenged.

Reactions: PT_Mavic
It's definitly custom. In fact if you go on their site, to the mavic main page, they have text right there "MAVIC", but that doesn't even match exactly the graphic on the drone. If you highlight that font and view source," <h1 class="font-dji">MAVIC</h1> ", and look at their kerning.

If you can't rasterize it, just use what you have. Looks fine IMO.

Reactions: HeliFreak
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851