DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Logo Font

Frankly, it doesn't seem to me that DJI put very much time or attention to detail into their Mavic logo. Exhibit one is the crappy kerning mentioned above.

So I don't think it's worth it to spend the time to duplicate it exactly. That's just my opinion of course, but if it were me, I'd get as close as I could and then fudge it a little to fix their crappy design.

Reactions: PT_Mavic
I hadn't noticed the kerning issue until it was pointed out here. Thanks, now I can't "unsee" it.

Hi Folks. I'm a bit OCD, so the above versions didn't work for me. DJI uses the "Mavic" font on their Mavic Pro information page. Using some web tricks, I extracted the logo text and created a PDF for you to use: Dropbox - Mavic Pro Logo.pdf. The difference between the online font and the one they used on the aircraft is a little extra space between the "A" and "V". I noticed that the "Brands of the World" version has this little extra space also. I have corrected that in this download. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Mavic Pro Logo.pdf
    814.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Reactions: Soundtekk
Cool thanks.

What is the colour profile of the gold PRO - do you have the RGB numbers PLEASE?:rolleyes:

I played around with the gothom font.....which is very similiar to the mavic font. There are about 20 different variations in the gothom family of fonts. I believe the closest for the word "mavic" is "gothom pro" while for the word "PRO" the closest is "gotham light"

The biggest difference appears to be with the letter M. The actual mavic font comes to a sharp point. Gotham, no so much.

mavic gotham.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny Too and kika
Here's my example.

Used the DJI EPS file for the MAVIC PRO text - Moved the first two letters over to correct the kerning.

Found an image on the web and re-drew it using the pen tool for the copter.

Not shown in the above I added my own text for my youtube channel name (nowhere near ready yet to publicise). For the text, I used Gotham Pro and Gotham Pro Light - Modified individual letters such as M and N to give them sharper points

Thanks for the font.

Going to change it drastically so as not to be too similar.

Dji Demi installs fine into Windows 10 font directory. I always drop my fonts into the "Fonts" directory, then they install.

Installed fine in MACos Sierra

Only problem I have with it is it doesn't have a light version, but other than that, no problems.

Here's my example.

Used the DJI EPS file for the MAVIC PRO text - Moved the first two letters over to correct the kerning.

Found an image on the web and re-drew it using the pen tool for the copter.

Not shown in the above I added my own text for my youtube channel name (nowhere near ready yet to publicise). For the text, I used Gotham Pro and Gotham Pro Light - Modified individual letters such as M and N to give them sharper points

I like your "redrawn" copter.

I vectorized a similiar image but feel mine has too much detail.

Reactions: RaRaRasputin
Was going to go the full whack with shading, 3D look and colours etc, but decided to do s simple vector instead.

Just playing now with AE Element 3D, making the logo et al in to a 3D Animation YouTube Channel Intro (much easier to extrude from a flat vector)

Will post results when done (may take a few days)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627