DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lone Survivor - Mavic Air

spamgnome

Reactions
The area I live in is exploding with growth and building. Occasionally, one finds a remnant of what this area used to look like. Comments and suggestions welcome. This is the 1st time I used a LUT, too. Not sure I like it, but I think for the mood of this video it works.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for the video, I am not sold on using a LUT. (Maybe someone can educate me more on the subject)
Being in Real Estate I am seeing these wonderful open places going away at a very fast rate. Luckly from my perspective, some towns and locals have the foresight to save them.

Yeah, I'm not sure either...I like how it made some aspects of the video look "rustic," but in other spots just looked weird

Thanks for sharing your video. Overall, it is pretty good. (1) I think using BW in the opening was a good idea, but it doesn’t always work. It may have been a little underexposed? (2) Transition from BW to color could be smoother or use a different dissolve? (3) Toss up whether or not the still images should have appeared at the end or earlier. (4) When it comes to color correction and LUTS... Perform your basic corrections first and then try a LUT. You can adjust the opacity or percentage used by a LUT. You can even combine LUTS.

Thanks for sharing, I thought the LUT gave a old fashion yellow tingle to the video. If that was deliberate I think it worked for this subject matter.

I like your choice of subject matter. To be constructive I do have to say the switch from BW to color was a bit abrupt. I am also working on smoothing out those types of transitions. I use to live in LA and now I live an hour outside of there, urban sprawl is rampant here, so your video struck a cord with me. Thanks for posting.
Blue skies. Mike

I like your choice of subject matter. To be constructive I do have to say the switch from BW to color was a bit abrupt. I am also working on smoothing out those types of transitions. I use to live in LA and now I live an hour outside of there, urban sprawl is rampant here, so your video struck a cord with me. Thanks for posting.
Blue skies. Mike
Thanks Mike...I had the same thought. One of these days...like when I get canned from my day job...I'll figure out a better transition. Keep the blue side up!

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterr