DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long distance one way Litchi flight

Reactions
Hi all.
Has anybody done a long distance, one way flight with Litchi?
I’m planning a straight route of 4266 metres with none of my way points longer than 2000 metres and the finish action is to land.
Needless to say It’ll have landed about 5 to 10 minutes before I get home.
Any advice will be most welcome

Last edited:
Looks like you are doing this over a built up area. Not something I would recommend. Especially as it seems you will not be available to take control in event of something unforseen.
I think you may find some harsher responses coming this way mate.
But I kinda think you are expecting it......

Yeah! land about halfway between your 2nd & 3rd waypoint preferably in that water (or wherever it is) so you don't have another crazy plan to endanger others.
106 years, who are you kidding?

Yeah! land about halfway between your 2nd & 3rd waypoint preferably in that water (or wherever it is) so you don't have another crazy plan to endanger others.
106 years, who are you kidding?

Just asking pal, no need to get s#:++y

I’m not sure on what your local laws may be, but the fully, unmonitored, autonomous flight that is BVLOS, over a built up area, is probably not going to be permitted anywhere. It is certainly dangerous on a few different fronts with the hardware and software you are planning on using. Perhaps try it in a remote area where, while it may still not be legal, it will not be putting others at risk for your own enjoyment.
As I mentioned earlier, you are only going to draw flies with your post here and will not gain any positive help in this endeavour. Give it a miss and enjoy your flying, safely.

Reactions: Phill and choo choo
I’m not sure on what your local laws may be, but the fully, unmonitored, autonomous flight that is BVLOS, over a built up area, is probably not going to be permitted anywhere. It is certainly dangerous on a few different fronts with the hardware and software you are planning on using. Perhaps try it in a remote area where, while it may still not be legal, it will not be putting others at risk for your own enjoyment.
As I mentioned earlier, you are only going to draw flies with your post here and will not gain any positive help in this endeavour. Give it a miss and enjoy your flying, safely.

Hi Anzacjack
Thanks for your creative criticism, I will take what you say on board.
Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: AnzacJack
Hi all.
Has anybody done a long distance, one way flight with Litchi?
I’m planning a straight route of 4266 metres with none of my way points longer than 2000 metres and the finish action is to land.
Needless to say It’ll have landed about 5 to 10 minutes before I get home.
Any advice will be most welcome
Not sure why everyone thinks getting snarky is effective at getting their point across... makes me wonder what it was you removed from your original post.

Regardless, I'll bite. I don't recommend it for one critical reason that you should really take to heart:
  • you're using a 3rd party app that essentially has no "skin in the game."
    Whereas DJI has all the resources and has done a crapton of research and development to make sure their incredibly capable flying bricks don't fall from the sky or take down commercial jets full of passengers, litchi is just an app using their SDK. A 12 year old could make an app using their SDK. There is a liability gray area here that you wouldn't want to get mixed up in (unless you're a 12 year old).

Not sure why everyone thinks getting snarky is effective at getting their point across... makes me wonder what it was you removed from your original post.

Regardless, I'll bite. I don't recommend it for one critical reason that you should really take to heart:
  • you're using a 3rd party app that essentially has no "skin in the game."
    Whereas DJI has all the resources and has done a crapton of research and development to make sure their incredibly capable flying bricks don't fall from the sky or take down commercial jets full of passengers, litchi is just an app using their SDK. A 12 year old could make an app using their SDK. There is a liability gray area here that you wouldn't want to get mixed up in (unless you're a 12 year old).
I don’t believe I was “snarky”. I gave advice on what I believe is in the best interest of the OP and our sport/hobby/jobs.
And advice is what was asked for in OP

I don’t believe I was “snarky”. I gave advice on what I believe is in the best interest of the OP and our sport/hobby/jobs.
And advice is what was asked for in OP

you were not being snarky but some of the other guys were. I am in agreement with your responses

OP should know better than ask to be roasted, being 106 yrs of age and with a handle that quite frankly borders on the ironic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143