DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Long Exposure Hyperlapse

Bufface

Reactions
All the segments of this video were taken during daytime with either an ND-1000 or ND-2000 filters. I much prefer the motion blur instead of the severe choppiness one sees while taking hyperlapses of vehicles without strong ND filters.

Still can’t get my head around how hyperlaps works when the drone is moving, stationary yes but moving ?

The drone moves very very slowly. Also I “think” the gimbal moves during the exposure to compensate for the drones motion and keeps the image stable.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
All the segments of this video were taken during daytime with either an ND-1000 or ND-2000 filters. I much prefer the motion blur instead of the severe choppiness one sees while taking hyperlapses of vehicles without strong ND filters.

I actually liked this! Never really gave it much thought to use a 1000ND filter but now I am intrigued. Can you tell me what your interval was> I am assuming 2 seconds for 125 shot sequence and using multiple 125 shot sequences.?????

The best I've seen, could not take my eyes off it. The tractor trailers make it special, nice work.
Some day hope to try that with the new M2Z.

Reactions: Bufface
I actually liked this! Never really gave it much thought to use a 1000ND filter but now I am intrigued. Can you tell me what your interval was> I am assuming 2 seconds for 125 shot sequence and using multiple 125 shot sequences.?????

The exact settings are going to be variable. Heavily dependent on light level I took a few of the shots during the "golden hour" with the ND-1000, then the other shots were done the next day at around 10am - noon with the ND-2000 in more harsh daylight.

I use manual mode and set the ISO to 100 and adjust the shutter speed to get the MM to 0.0

I try not to go over 1.3" on the shutter speed because if you go over that the minimum interval is 4 seconds. I like to keep the interval to no more than 3 seconds so that I can get the most shots possible with the battery, and try to get at least 400 shots per flight.

That video I posted took 6 separate full battery charges and over 2 hours of total flight time.

Hi Bufface,
I enjoyed your hyperlapse! That looks like running ants:)
cheers Paul

Really well done. Can I actually adjust my Mavic Air 1? I haven’t messed around with any photo settings yet.

A little shaky in a couple of spots, but overall it was very enjoyable. The big truck stop idea was brilliant!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennismavicair1