DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long exposure in the day

ND1000 for the first ones (bright, sunny day, SS 1-1.3s) and ND64 for the ones with the car (sun almost down - 8PM - and also cloudy, exposure 0.6s)
What I forgot to ask is the speed of the car when these pictures were taken. So I'll ask now. How fast was the car going when you took these two shots?

I'm curious on car speed too..........were you flying controlled from in the car too, or in a chase vehicle.?

Sorry, I missed the speed question. Unfortunately I was alone at the time so I had to control both the car and the drone, so I was going quite slowly, maybe 30-35kph

Sorry, I missed the speed question. Unfortunately I was alone at the time so I had to control both the car and the drone, so I was going quite slowly, maybe 30-35kph
Thanks Ice_2k for your response. For those living in the states, the car was traveling at just below 19 mile per hour to just under 22 mph, which is very slow, as you said. But when you think of someone controlling the drone while driving, you had quite a task at hand. Well done. And thanks for the information.

If you had a companion with you that could drive the car, would you have gone faster, or is the 30-35kph a good one for the pictures? Just looking at your two pictures of the car, I say that you selected the correct speed, even though the MA2 can fly up to 68kph, or just over 42 mph, in sport mode.

It’s probably better to go for faster speeds and slower shutter, I’m thinking it will be easier to keep the car in focus. Here i was at say 30kph (19mph) with a shutter speed of 0.6s, so the drone moved about 5m while the shutter was open. I think driving at twice that speed and using 0.3s shutter speed would keep the blur of the environment but should make the car sharper.

It’s probably better to go for faster speeds and slower shutter, I’m thinking it will be easier to keep the car in focus. Here i was at say 30kph (19mph) with a shutter speed of 0.6s, so the drone moved about 5m while the shutter was open. I think driving at twice that speed and using 0.3s shutter speed would keep the blur of the environment but should make the car sharper.
Seems like some experimentation is in order. The car looks sharp in the pictures, but maybe not so much if one were to zoom in. Need to make sure the drone doesn't run into anything while filming. Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga