DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long exposure

So then filters.

You should get a massive filter kit.

Gradients (if you can find them), can help for sunrise and sunset, and general landscape stuff.

i'll look around amazon or ebay to see. i personally like everything stock and original. yeah editing the photo make it look allot better. thanks for your help.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
i'll look around and probably prefer free one because i fly around the drone day time more and like to keep the original photo. i just want to learn how to do light trail on drones.
I mean, you have short ones on your photo, any longer of an exposure and your highlights would have been blown out beyond repair (they were very close as is). Which is where a filter would come in, saving your highlights but allowing for longer trails.

Remember, you have to limit the exposure time (because it's always moving), unlike a camera on a tripod, you need to let as much shadow (and as little highlight) light in as possible, as fast as possible, to get the desired effect.

That is, if you want minimal (read: non-existent) editing.

it look really good. i'll probably drive down to i-95 one day to see the result. what are some free one you recommend ? i don't have a computer if i edit i would do it on my samsung tablet or on my iphone.
Even inside the DJI Fly app there is a light editor. Start there before downloading anything else.

I'll have to get back to you on the software for your tablet though.

I know on my Samsung S20 Ultra I use "Adobe LightRoom for Samsung". Again, I know there is a free alternative, and will get back to you.

photo 1 is slightly edited and photo 2 is original photo.

Attachments

• 8936A8A0-A728-4BF4-A8F6-D087A1994FDC.jpeg
    8936A8A0-A728-4BF4-A8F6-D087A1994FDC.jpeg
    859 KB · Views: 25
  • 8936A8A0-A728-4BF4-A8F6-D087A1994FDC.jpeg
    8936A8A0-A728-4BF4-A8F6-D087A1994FDC.jpeg
    859 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: zambusal
Even inside the DJI Fly app there is a light editor. Start there before downloading anything else.

I'll have to get back to you on the software for your tablet though.

I know on my Samsung S20 Ultra I use "Adobe LightRoom for Samsung". Again, I know there is a free alternative, and will get back to you.

i've downloaded express on my iphone. i think a small amount of adjustment would be good. since i used to use DSLR.

They have the exact same filename and size, are you certain you uploaded two different copies? They look super similar

i've checked on my phone it show the exact same name and size. but i saved one from adobe express.
this one is expose to more light.

Attachments

• 39C74F92-2ADB-4E52-BA7A-06137BDD42AC.jpeg
    39C74F92-2ADB-4E52-BA7A-06137BDD42AC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Love
Express version keep everything simple where you don't have to do allot of adjustment. LH i have to do adjustments. i'll see which one i like better[emoji3]

it's timed photo for 30 second, i'm not sure if that's 30 second of exposure. let me upload a photo along. camera point right out to main road with 70 ft above.
Very good photo, you should be proud...even though it is clearly not a 30 second photo (for a number of reasons).. I tried to look at the META Data, but they would not come up. Look at the META Data yourself and take a screen shot and post it here.

hello all coming from PA. i just want to know what are some good settings with long exposure on MA2. i've tired to change ios. i've tried times photo for 30 seconds and i'm not getting allot of light trail. maybe i'm not using the right settings. i've been playing around with the settings for about 30 mins and i couldn't figure it out. [emoji45]

The above suggestions are great. The "Photos and Videos" Forum may have some good suggestions for you as well.

623E87F9-F8DD-49CE-ACFE-D54CEAB0DD87.jpeg
Here’s one I did which was 8 seconds and I feel really lucky it’s as sharp as it is for that long. Any longer and I think the drone just vibrates too much and it would get all muddied.

For this to work the car headlights have to be sufficiently brighter than the ambient light or else you won’t get the pronounced light trails so you have to do it at night or twilight. Just using an ND filter isn’t enough because the ambient light would wash out the light trails a lot like you see here under the street lamps on the highway.

View attachment 112014
Here’s one I did which was 8 seconds and I feel really lucky it’s as sharp as it is for that long. Any longer and I think the drone just vibrates too much and it would get all muddied.

For this to work the car headlights have to be sufficiently brighter than the ambient light or else you won’t get the pronounced light trails so you have to do it at night or twilight. Just using an ND filter isn’t enough because the ambient light would wash out the light trails a lot like you see here under the street lamps on the highway.
Was that AEB on 8" then you found the winner? Or was that a single at 8" and you got lucky?

Either way, it's amazing

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest