DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 long forgotten Church and tomb in Irish woods

I think you're becoming the king of flying through stuff!!! Very nice...again!!
Did you happen to get a good look at the inscription on the flat stone? Is it a table or a tomb? I'm just curious.

I think you're becoming the king of flying through stuff!!! Very nice...again!!
Did you happen to get a good look at the inscription on the flat stone? Is it a table or a tomb? I'm just curious.
Yeah , its both really , its known as a table tomb , the first line of the inscription reads
Here/ lies the body of James Barry/ with his son James, the son died in September 1764 in the age 28th year/ and the father died in the 64th year of his age . I like the low level stuff , you don't have to worry about all the line of sight B.S and altitude restrictions and all that jazz. Makes for a more relaxing flight when your not constantly looking over your shoulder to see who might be taking exception to you flying over their property . Anyways thanks for watching. Glad you enjoyed the videos

Yeah , its both really , its known as a table tomb , the first line of the inscription reads
Here/ lies the body of James Barry/ with his son James, the son died in September 1764 in the age 28th year/ and the father died in the 64th year of his age . I like the low level stuff , you don't have to worry about all the line of sight B.S and altitude restrictions and all that jazz. Makes for a more relaxing flight when your not constantly looking over your shoulder to see who might be taking exception to you flying over their property . Anyways thanks for watching. Glad you enjoyed the videos

Thanks for that. I really like historical stuff.
My wife and I were in Ireland in 2004. She was there for work, but we had some time afterward to look around. South of Dublin in Co Wicklow, there is Glendalough. We stopped at a site with a Round Tower. A cemetery was near it. Being from the US which didn't declare independence until 1776, I found it very interesting to see headstones of people who died before America was even a country. It is very beautiful there.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Thanks for that. I really like historical stuff.
My wife and I were in Ireland in 2004. She was there for work, but we had some time afterward to look around. South of Dublin in Co Wicklow, there is Glendalough. We stopped at a site with a Round Tower. A cemetery was near it. Being from the US which didn't declare independence until 1776, I found it very interesting to see headstones of people who died before America was even a country. It is very beautiful there.
I guess we don't realise how blessed we are with historical relics every few miles , castles , churches , abbeys and the likes. Some dating back hundreds of years and still standing.

Brilliant flying & cinematography. Really look forward to seeing you what you fly through next! If you could capture Glendalough, (the spiritual heart of Ireland ??) that would make for a sensational video. I’m guessing there would be flight restrictions there though?

Brilliant flying & cinematography. Really look forward to seeing you what you fly through next! If you could capture Glendalough, (the spiritual heart of Ireland ??) that would make for a sensational video. I’m guessing there would be flight restrictions there though?
Its a bit far from where I live and a bit too touristy , trying to get the place all to my self might be a issue. But , if I'm ever up that way I'll check it out

Reactions: Squidinc
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Superb video. Love the fly through and low altitude flying and in such a beautiful setting. I would be too nervous to fly with anti-collision turned off.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
Wow. That was before Australia was discovered(officially) by the British. Really enjoyable video.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
I really liked this one. I thought the ending was especially effective. Congratulations!

Ps: Were you flying with your sensors activated or was it all manual?

I really liked this one. I thought the ending was especially effective. Congratulations!

Ps: Were you flying with your sensors activated or was it all manual?
All collision avoidance sensors off , it wouldn't go through the openings with them on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonrva89