DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long Island Drone Club,NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely do find a tricky flying in Suffolk County but I've been resourceful and trying to get around I try to go but down by the water along the South Shore like around Sayville
ebbeeba4acf3c283b74d51a37d272a27.jpg
500581d2d9f3db835026a9329ebdf327.jpg

Just got a Mavic too. Bellmore, registered with FAA just not sure where I can fly. Tips?

Just got a Mavic too. Bellmore, registered with FAA just not sure where I can fly. Tips?
Believe it or not it seems that there are more areas in Nassau County that you can fly then out here in Suffolk County. Basically any open areas down by the water just maybe not in Jones Beach State Park. Some people have mentioned flying in the Eisenhower Park. But I don't know what neighborhood you are in but maybe right there in your own neighborhood you can Buzz around a little bit and get some practice at least

Reactions: coop64
Hi there, I am here on LI as well. I am not sure about Jones Beach, as it is a state park, and to my knowledge all state parks are no go.

I think Nassau county parks maybe OK. So far I have been twice to the Corona Park in Queens, it has a flying field. And I have taken Mavic to North Hempstead Beach Park without any issues, maybe because due to snow there was hardly anyone in the Park. Few people walking their dogs that’s it. I think Liddo beach /Long Beach are Nassau county owned but not sure whether the residents around those area would be welcoming drones.

Reactions: ZackDoubleyou
Hi there, I am here on LI as well. I am not sure about Jones Beach, as it is a state park, and to my knowledge all state parks are no go.

I think Nassau county parks maybe OK. So far I have been twice to the Corona Park in Queens, it has a flying field. And I have taken Mavic to North Hempstead Beach Park without any issues, maybe because due to snow there was hardly anyone in the Park. Few people walking their dogs that’s it. I think Liddo beach /Long Beach are Nassau county owned but not sure whether the residents around those area would be welcoming drones.
As long as you are willing to deal with the cold you can get away with a lot more because most people do not like to be outside in this

I’m right in Bellmore. I was thinking of flying around from my home or if it’s legal to do so launching from an empty parking lot near the train.

Hello to all Mavic pilots here on Long Island. I'm looking to start a Mavic Drone club
that will meet once a month on weekends to allow fellow pilots to share there
experience and stories and don't forgot also FLY their Drones with other
Mavic pilots. We will meet at various locations depending on how many pilots
are willing to join across L.I . Please let me know if your Interested in joining
this fun club.

Yes I Am

Reactions: Oconnb910
Bruce Presner
Port Jefferson Station.
I own an Autel Robotics X Star Premium...can I still attend? :)

Bruce Presner
Port Jefferson Station.
I own an Autel Robotics X Star Premium...can I still attend? :)
That's good question I don't see any reason why not. Just have to finally get something organized somewhere lol. Hopefully somebody here is good at that LOL and warm weather is coming should make it a little easier

I went to Jones beach boardwalk today, hoping that I may be able to fly but there were so many people around and the helicopters were flying quite low, like 500-600 ft range, not to mention all the seagulls, so I chickened ...errr.. ended up just walking instead of flying the Mavic :(

I went to Jones beach boardwalk today, hoping that I may be able to fly but there were so many people around and the helicopters were flying quite low, like 500-600 ft range, not to mention all the seagulls, so I chickened ...errr.. ended up just walking instead of flying the Mavic :(
Stay away from the people!
State Park also, not good

I’m sure there are spots we could go without getting permits.
As long as we are not being rude or worse we should be fine.
The old Brookhaven movie theater or the old kmart grounds in middle island have possibilities.

I just stumbled into this forum. I'd love to join if possible. I'm in the Sayville area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78