DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long island

I fly in Brooklyn @ my Heli club...
Seaview Rotary Wings. (AMA field)

Very cool
I have a job in Coney Island next week – I'm going to bring my electric fat bike with me and my Mavic – I will give you a text to see if you are around but it's probably going to be during the week - my idea is to ride and film down by the waves as I ride my fat bike back-and-forth. Hopefully without crashing into the ocean.
IMG_1012.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Very cool
I have a job in Coney Island next week – I'm going to bring my electric fat bike with me and my Mavic – I will give you a text to see if you are around but it's probably going to be during the week - my idea is to ride and film down by the waves as I ride my fat bike back-and-forth. Hopefully without crashing into the ocean.
View attachment 3679

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Let me know. I ride Recumbent trike from Catrike.

Brooklyn - western tip of Long Island!
Coney Island is nice to film / photograph due to the topography of stuff there, the pier, the rides, parachute jump, the beach, buildings, and Verrazano Bridge in the background when you get high enough. Winter is great, I wonder how it will be in the summer. I'm sure it might get restrictive as the crowds will be there. 25 min after sunset is nice as the Parachute Jump lights up. Friday night fireworks in the summer.
I've flown at the Seaview Rotary Wings field during the open house / fly in which has great views too and is a super location. I am a member at Gerritsen Beach The Radio Control Society of Marine Park. The Mavic got a nice reception there! They said there was an FAA Rep there flying one a couple of weeks ago.
The bike looks awesome. I'm a road bike guy.

vsk

@realvsk Instagram

Suffolk County here. Just ordered my Mavic, should have it in about 2 weeks. Very excited!!

I'm very excited for you. I've had mine almost a month and really love it. It handles great.
I'm in Dix Hills. If you have any questions or want to fly together sometimes let me know
Neal

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Oconnb910
Suffolk county here...had mine about a month...but it's currently bricked haha. Trying to figure out why all of a sudden my app on multiple phones wont connect to the remote...and unable to attempt to update the firmware in it because I can't connect anything to Assistant 2 on a computer, which seems to be a pretty common problem....smh.

I don't know about Eisenhower park but Fire Island, east of Robert Moses is Big No No. It is National Park and as far as I know those are closed for us... :mad:
NPS personel is authorized to confiscate our gear if we are caught on park ground, at scene... They are also known to use social media to track those who break this ban...

Last edited:
I actually spoke to the commisioner of parks at eisenhower yesterday. He said that there are no laws in nassau county parks prohibiting drone flying, just to follow the guidelines and if someone asks you to take it down you take it down... All hempstead parks are banned though

In N.Y. any state park is nfz.
If you want to fly by the beach you can you can this time of year and they won't give you a hard time. Once the summer season starts all bets are off.

In N.Y. any state park is nfz.
If you want to fly by the beach you can you can this time of year and they won't give you a hard time. Once the summer season starts all bets are off.

In summer time, when beaches are packed it is simply dangerous to buzz above people heads. This is simply violation of FAA rules. So it is obvious. But ALL STATE PARKS? Where this information is coming from? I am just curious. Technically speaking State Park does not own airspace above. So if FAA and common regulations are followed there should be no violation. This is my interpretation. What do you think?
New "NFZ" are popping left and right without any rational explanation. It is not about privacy. In public, anybody can take pictures of surroundings and people and there is only one thing we can do about it. Politely express your concern and state that pictures must not be used in public media. There should be nothing to be ashamed if you are law obeying citizen. What is the difference then, if picture is taken from the ground or from above? Nobody seams to be disturbed by off-roads, quads, dirt bikes, speedboats in the parks. All of them use "FPV-like" cameras!!! Beside, all this vehicles are more noisy, dangerous, they scaring wild life, destroying and polluting. How this compare to little buzzing of small flying camera?! Yet, they are allowed in national and state parks... Just my 2 cents...

Hello Everyone,

We are from the Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology UAV Club. We will be hosting International Drone Day at here at the Institution on May 6, 2017.

We will be hosting several workshops including: Computer Aided Design, Learn to Build a Drone, and Programming with Python. We will also have a representative from DJI-USA at the event as well as Zero Gravity FPV Racing Team.

If you own a drone, we invite you to bring your own drone to fly in our hangar!

If you have any questions feel free to contact us at [email protected]!

Register Here!
International Drone Day

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest