DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long range wireless video transmission solution (not for a drone)

ManuCH

Reactions
So I'm working on a (non-drone related) project which requires me to transmit live video from a skydiver (who will initially be 13000'/4km up in the air when jumping) to a big screen on the ground.

I've been researching a lot, but I cannot find any video transmission devices which fulfil the following conditions:
- reliable and proven
- long range transmission (up to 4 km)
- small

Then I stumbled upon the DJI Ocusync Air System. This looks perfect: 7 km range, small and in a compact package, with a proven technology.

There's one minor issue: it seems to require DJI Goggles to receive the signal.

I wouldn't have an issue with buying the goggles for the project, if they had an HDMI output or similar. I need to have the picture on a big screen, not in the goggles.

Does anyone know of a video transmission solution that fulfils my requirements, or also a way of hooking up the DJI Ocusync Air system to a regular TV screen?

Thank you!

So I'm working on a (non-drone related) project which requires me to transmit live video from a skydiver (who will initially be 13000'/4km up in the air when jumping) to a big screen on the ground.

I've been researching a lot, but I cannot find any video transmission devices which fulfil the following conditions:
- reliable and proven
- long range transmission (up to 4 km)
- small

Then I stumbled upon the DJI Ocusync Air System. This looks perfect: 7 km range, small and in a compact package, with a proven technology.

There's one minor issue: it seems to require DJI Goggles to receive the signal.

I wouldn't have an issue with buying the goggles for the project, if they had an HDMI output or similar. I need to have the picture on a big screen, not in the goggles.

Does anyone know of a video transmission solution that fulfils my requirements, or also a way of hooking up the DJI Ocusync Air system to a regular TV screen?

Thank you!
@ManuCH ,Check out dragonlinkrc; it can go to twenty miles or so. Good Luck

Thank you! However Dragon Link only seems to be for remote control and telemetry, without video. At least that's what I could figure out so far.
EDIT: you are correct, no video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ