DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long-term storage. Strange behavior. Compass error.

Anna

Reactions
Hi allies. About 6 months, the drone lay in a box. I did not use it. Today I wanted to fly. When you turn on the drone asks you to calibrate the compass. I calibrate the compass and reload the drone - he again asks for coliberation. The interference of the first compass is always in the red zone. I'm very upset. What happened? Give advice please.

Is it at all possible that you stored the AC in the box next to something with a strong magnetic field,
Like say a big stereo speaker, or something of that nature? Or somehow some Neo magnets came within "range" of the AC?

c

Is it at all possible that you stored the AC in the box next to something with a strong magnetic field,
Like say a big stereo speaker, or something of that nature? Or somehow some Neo magnets came within "range" of the AC?

c
he was kept in a closet. in the bookcase and DVD drives. everything already tried - nothing helps

Are you precisely following the calibration instructions? They are different from previous aircraft. If so, and it is still not calibrating, you could pull the mobile device DAT file for one of your calibration attempts - that should give a better indication of the problem.

Are you precisely following the calibration instructions? They are different from previous aircraft. If so, and it is still not calibrating, you could pull the mobile device DAT file for one of your calibration attempts - that should give a better indication of the problem.
Yes. I follow the instructions for colibrating. I was told that this could be due to the magnetization of the compass. For prolonged storage, the motors from the front beams magnetized the main compass. What do you think? Could this be?

Yes. I follow the instructions for colibrating. I was told that this could be due to the magnetization of the compass. For prolonged storage, the motors from the front beams magnetized the main compass. What do you think? Could this be?

That sounds most unlikely. You really should get the DAT file for a compass calibration attempt. That will reveal the problem.

Reactions: radman
That sounds most unlikely. You really should get the DAT file for a compass calibration attempt. That will reveal the problem.
This is no longer necessary. I went to the nearest service. The main compass demagnetized with a special device. It seems to be called a CFixer. Then I calibrated the compasses and everything became good. =)

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato