DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Longer cable for Mavic Air controller

njsarge

Reactions
I purchased a tablet holder to hold an iPad above the controller. I need a longer cable now, can anyone recommend a good cable. There are so many on amazon and don’t want to buy something that won’t work.

I purchased a tablet holder to hold an iPad above the controller. I need a longer cable now, can anyone recommend a good cable. There are so many on amazon and don’t want to buy something that won’t work.
@msinger should have some good recommendations for you, he will probably be along shortly.

I just got my Mavic Air today and wanted to use the mount. Didn’t realize the cable was too short. Will just have to use the iPad mini with the remote for now.

I’ve just begun using an iPad with my MA and I used the 3’ charging cable that came with the iPad. Although a little long, it works fine. I’ve been looking for a 15” - 18” lightning cable but have yet to find one.

I’ve just begun using an iPad with my MA and I used the 3’ charging cable that came with the iPad. Although a little long, it works fine. I’ve been looking for a 15” - 18” lightning cable but have yet to find one.

How do you connect the iPad to the remote?

Reactions: mitch41
Pro tip: use the USB connection on the bottom of the controller... Not the one on the side.

Yeah I figured that out after a while lol. I was so used to the phantom controller I was looking for the usb connection to be on top. Going to use a regular Apple cable and just coil it so it doesn’t hang down.

A cable around 12" is a good size for an iPad. Here are a few Lightning cables to consider:

Last edited:
Reactions: njsarge
Thanks for the suggestions. Been having a blast flying my air this weekend.

Been using my iPad mini and instead of the iPad. The iPad was a little unwieldy on the mavic air controller.

You can always use the original ipad mini cable on your controller thats what i do with my ipad mini 4 and mavic air controller

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-1_0-31-11.png
    upload_2018-5-1_0-31-11.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 16
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview