DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Longer USB-C to Controller cable for Mavic Mini

• Thread starter Deleted member 123036
  • Start date
I tried that link but, for me, it's broken ... I also need a longer cable
Sorry for the delay, yeah seems that’s not longer available and having a hard time for some reason on my pad to get a link to stick.

Uum why, micro USB to lightning cables are available are they not? see https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rantow-Bra...ocphy=1007288&hvtargid=pla-712257695724&psc=1 and I would bet there are cheaper to be had and or different lengths
I know I made a mistake earlier in this thread thinking the controller's socket was a USB-C and for that I apologise but if you look at USB hardware - Wikipedia the Mini's controller's socket appears to be micro USB type A which obviously takes the more frequently encountered micro USB type B plug as well as the micro USB type A plug.
You got it!

Note that there's a fifth pin in the Micro USB. That pin if grounded tells the RC to set the port to host (master, OTG, server) mode which is the mode you need to connect to a device and app and provide power.

Otherwise you're connecting a target (slave, client) to same.

As a Canadian, I had a tough time finding local cables, so had to experiment. I found what is probably the most accessible on demand solution is any "full size" USB Female to Micro USB Male OTG cable, paired with any MFI Certified (aka Apple approved) "Normal" USB to Lightning cable works. I repurposed a 12" Amazon Basics ios Cable I had for charging my phone while riding my ebike, and the extra cable does not get in the way, but if you have a longer cable it would be easy to address with a twist tie , velcro, or a zip tie. Best of luck!

(For the record -the exact one that worked for me was the iCan USB2.0 to OTG Cable, 4.99 at Canad Computes, part number variations on the packaging include "USB-OTG", CAICA00702, and bar code 192835000093, and this amazon basics cable: Amazon Basics Lightning to USB A Cable - Advanced Collection, MFi Certified iPhone Charger, Black, 1-Foot : Amazon.ca: Electronics)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom