DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Longevity of DJI Fly app on a Apple IPad mini 2?

TDZHDTV

Reactions
I have the Fly app on my IPad mini 2, as DJI updates the app over the coming years will there become a point when my iPad will become incompatible with the aircraft and/or app or will I just get stuck at one software level and I’ll be able to fly with the older software? Any of you long term pilots have experience of this? Many thanks

as long as you ipad has an ios that is compatable with the app it will be ok ,the only issue would be if the apps power requirements were such that your ios was not able to run it,that is the same for any operating system

as long as you ipad has an ios that is compatable with the app it will be ok ,the only issue would be if the apps power requirements were such that your ios was not able to run it,that is the same for any operating system
Yeah, it crashed today while flying, I think I’ll stick with the iPhone. I’ve just bough a refurbished iPad Pro 2017 with 256gb for photo and video editing, think I’ll retire the iPad mini via eBay.

I have an iPad mini 2 which I tried to use to fly my Mavic Air using the Go app, and it was grossly under-powered. It was perfectly sized, but I had overheating and related problems that made it not useable. I also have a 2018 iPad which has plenty of power, but frankly is a bit large. My iPhone 8 has plenty of power, and though I wish it had a larger screen, turns out to be the most suitable of my iDevices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji