DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking at buy a Mavic Air.

Just watched a Dustin Dunnill 'Range Test' for Mavic Air (which we own).

He pushed it out 'n back to over 15,000 fit, or nearly 3 miles. Neat Vid becuz in RTH it was totally dark.

The Air landed within 2-3' of the Pad.

Made us pretty happy!~

Rgds, NAVMAV

I will put in my two cents worth: I love my Air now I mostly just fly my bird and don’t do a lot of photo work. Always fly DLOSso connections have never been a problem and being older prop noise is no big deal. But when you put this baby in spot mode watch out your heart will jump right out of your chest it is so fast great fun to fly and the coolest looking drone DJI makes.

The connection has always been perfect on my Mavic Air. I'm able to fly as far as my eyes can see. I haven't tried flying in any densely populated Wi-Fi areas, so I'm not sure how it would perform in such an environment (if that's where you'll be flying).
I had the same experience until I started flying in the city (parks, primarily, but surrounded by apartments and condos). Now my connection starts getting spotty far before I get close to the limits of VLOS (though it’s hit or miss - sometimes it’s fine to a couple thousand feet, sometimes I get interference warnings and dropped video at 300’). I’ll have to play around with channels as someone suggested to see if I can get better results more consistently.

I have the Mavic Air, noise is not a concern once is 30 meters away from you can't hardley hear it and use it as an advantage, birds will not get close to a nest of bees. Battery is not s concern if you get the combo, you will probably run out of battery from your phone the remote controler, biggest advantage over the other drones, 1. Portability, 2. Camera 4K, slow motion and all that. 3. Most important price. The Pro Platinum is a very good drone but very fragile on the Gimbal just dont drop it
or crash it, I will invest in a good Epson Moverio Glasses the battery last 6 hours and if you are plannig to fly FPV you can go that 2.8 Km with no problem, you can always change the linkage from 2.5 to 5.8GHz if there are interfierence with wifi signal, if you are flying over neighborhood etc, always check your local ordinace it varies from State to State.

We've had an Air for a year, and could not be happier.

Easy to use, uber-portable (nothing even close), and she's literally grab 'n FLYYYYY!~

You would never regret The Air. Even with later upgrades if those happen, we'd bet your Air sticks around... particularly on a great day when you just want to FLYYYYY!~

Rgds, NAVMAV

Reactions: naiku
I have the Mavic Air, noise is not a concern once is 30 meters away from you can't hardley hear it and use it as an advantage, birds will not get close to a nest of bees. Battery is not s concern if you get the combo, you will probably run out of battery from your phone the remote controler, biggest advantage over the other drones, 1. Portability, 2. Camera 4K, slow motion and all that. 3. Most important price. The Pro Platinum is a very good drone but very fragile on the Gimbal just dont drop it
or crash it, I will invest in a good Epson Moverio Glasses the battery last 6 hours and if you are plannig to fly FPV you can go that 2.8 Km with no problem, you can always change the linkage from 2.5 to 5.8GHz if there are interfierence with wifi signal, if you are flying over neighborhood etc, always check your local ordinace it varies from State to State.
Unfortunately, mine has been attacked by seagulls with the original propellers sound. I have had to land immediately to avoid injuries to animals and damages to my Mavic Air.

So I’m in the market for my first drone and I’m stuck between the Air and the Pro Platinum. I like the features of the Air but my concern is the connection issues that a lot of people seem to have. I’m fine with the battery life as I’ll be getting the Fly More Combo. Should I be concerned with the connection issues that a lot of people have with the enhanced WiFi over the occusync?
I’ve had my Mavic Air for a bit over a year, thought about selling it and buying one of the Mavic 2 models but after traveling with the air I’ve found that I could no ways give up the portability and stability , ive never had disconnecting problems but I have run into issues concerning the Air and my Apple Watch, the watch seems to interfere with compass calibration , other than that right now the Air is the way to go...

2-3k is really impressive all things considered. I've taken mine out to right around 1k and lost video, but that was using whatever WiFi channel it decided to assign. I might try a 5.8ghz channel at some point, need to learn a little more about it before doing so. Longest single flight (a loop) has been around 4k.
Just look at the wifi tab before it takes off, find which 5.8 channel has the smallest bar, and click it.

It's that easy.

Range... Doubled.

Reactions: naiku
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scaredycat