DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for a Smart Controller Screen Saver

I would like to hear from those who have tried different screen savers. Two types are advertised that I have noticed. Some are film (plastic sheets) and others are glass. Which is best? Are we better off not trying to put any thing on the smart controller screen?

I had one and tried it, but then removed it. Those plastic sheets seems to be very reflecting, and under direct sun it is not good. Plus, screen does not seem to be easily scratching, it has ok glass.

You can buy a matte version, linked above, which will not be reflective at the expense of a tiny bit of clarity.

I would like to hear from those who have tried different screen savers. Two types are advertised that I have noticed. Some are film (plastic sheets) and others are glass. Which is best? Are we better off not trying to put any thing on the smart controller screen?

It's completely up to you. With the film, you have a matte option, but they do not protect as well against impact and they are grippier, which is not to everyone's preference.

With the tempered glass, they are about as reflective as the stock/unprotected glass, but offer better impact protection and are smoother, which most people prefer when navigating a touch screen.

It's very much personal preference and they are so cheap that you can buy all different types and see what you like best.

Personally speaking, I am extremely an@l and would never even consider leaving the screen unprotected, but everyone is different. It only takes one speck of debris or one grain of sand rubbed on that screen for a permanent mark, and then your $650 controller is not worth nearly as much.

I have tempered glass on mine and reflections simply aren't an issue because the screen is so bright. You can also just put your back to the sun and have the controller in the shade all the time.

Reactions: ff22
Has anyone tried these on the 7.8 Crystalsky monitor? I find its touch response to be pretty lousy, especially in the corners and don't want the response to be degraded any more. I have a "tempered glass" protector on my Ipad and like it a lot, although I would hesitate to call it glass---more like a poly-something sheet.

Maybe get a folding hood. It also will protect the screen in storage and transport by folding over it. I know you touch the screen, but with clean hands it shouldn’t make noticeable scratches.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki