DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for best controller to tablet cables. I have bought and tossed dozens that fail or don't work at all.

I am just a bit peeved as in a prior post.
I ordered the mount and they included a cable as a promo. The batch they got was faulty so they put together a half arsed one and shipped the lot....i then get a mail explaining it and are offered a replacement cable for free....well free as a $25USD dhl post can be...
Why didnt they just wait the extra few days until the correct cables arrived and ship it together:mad:

Reactions: old man mavic
@Juggler if you contact them and explain that you need them to compensate you for the shipping or to pay the shipping themselves ,maybe they will help you out
but i can understand your frustration

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Thanks/

Ya I have dozens of adapters. I try to buy them for any possibilities. Even ones I don't have a use for right now. All the cables I get are supposed to carry voltage and data. 4 conductors minimum. I think that's what OTG means? I've never used the USB-a on my Mavic Air. I had read somewhere that it wasn't for controller hook up. I've wondered and just haven't played with my Air as much as i'd like to. Usually flying my Minis (have 2 of them). I keep getting my Air into tough situations! You can check out the latest on the you tubes. The Miracle on Magic Mountain I posted a video of a Forum member rescuing it from a bridge! Love that guy! Porterman. Check it out and you will learn what " too close " means lol! Glad there's someone out there likes the Mini as much as I do! Despite all the quirks I continue to have with them!
OTG means it's wired to tell the device to act as a host (PC) rather than a peripheral device. By default with regular cables the RC acts like a device so it can receive a charge and can connect to a PC for firmware updates. The included short cables are wired with one of the 5 pins grounded so that it turns into a host so it can provide a charge and connect to an app on a device.

You can't connect a USB in host mode to another in host mode, nor two devices in device/target mode.

Mini was the first to not include the full A port which was a bummer for us all. The original Air had it.

@Juggler if you contact them and explain that you need them to compensate you for the shipping or to pay the shipping themselves ,maybe they will help you out
but i can understand your frustration
I already did but got no reply to my email....
I am going to try a dif approach and ask them to ship it normal post which should only be a few $$$

The DJI cable for my Air 2 did not fit my iphone 11 Pro with a Lifeproof Rugged case fitted, due to their right-angled Lightning plug not clearing the case. I bought a replacement with a straight through plug which is great; excellent specs with kevlar fibre weave, 80,000 swing test. It even fits inside the RC. Can recommend the brand on this drone. Cheers ?? (Supplier: PBTech in New Zealand. I think they sell online overseas, also.)

Attachments

• D78FF422-735F-4685-A313-53AD4B6ECABF.jpeg
    D78FF422-735F-4685-A313-53AD4B6ECABF.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2235BC11-B57B-41BA-8CC4-F534DE36FC47.jpeg
    2235BC11-B57B-41BA-8CC4-F534DE36FC47.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 75998873-055A-4718-B8D3-2FD893E1E3DE.jpeg
    75998873-055A-4718-B8D3-2FD893E1E3DE.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 17
All Hail Drone Pilots! And good morning. As mentioned I burn through cables like Chicklets! I have multiple Drones and Tablets so I'm trying to find one manufacturer who delivers on durability and makes C type, Flash for Apple type and the ubiquitous USB Micro type. I have bought two types of magnetic cable assemblies but they aren't as practical without the right angle point of attachment. Fly safe and have a good weekend everyone!

All Hail Drone Pilots! And good morning. As mentioned I burn through cables like Chicklets! I have multiple Drones and Tablets so I'm trying to find one manufacturer who delivers on durability and makes C type, Flash for Apple type and the ubiquitous USB Micro type. I have bought two types of magnetic cable assemblies but they aren't as practical without the right angle point of attachment. Fly safe and have a good weekend everyone!
[/Adam Elements iPhone iPad to USB... Amazon.com: Adam Elements iPhone iPad to USB 3.1 Premium Cable: Computers & Accessories
This brand is great
I use with my Pad and iPhone

One of the youtube drone guys profiled the magnetic ones. The attachment that goes into your device is connected to the cable by a pretty strong magnet. The cable is USB A on one end and whatever you want on the other because the flash or micro or type C part is just the receiver of the magnetic cable and stays in your device. No plugging and unplugging all the time since all the devices (in a perfect world) have the tip installed in their ports and fits the usb magnetic cable. So the box should say " USB-A to Whatever (because the receiver is already in the device and not meant to be removed.) Gods did that make any sense?

Yes it makes perfect sense. Thanks

Thanks/

Ya I have dozens of adapters. I try to buy them for any possibilities. Even ones I don't have a use for right now. All the cables I get are supposed to carry voltage and data. 4 conductors minimum. I think that's what OTG means? I've never used the USB-a on my Mavic Air. I had read somewhere that it wasn't for controller hook up. I've wondered and just haven't played with my Air as much as i'd like to. Usually flying my Minis (have 2 of them). I keep getting my Air into tough situations! You can check out the latest on the you tubes. The Miracle on Magic Mountain I posted a video of a Forum member rescuing it from a bridge! Love that guy! Porterman. Check it out and you will learn what " too close " means lol! Glad there's someone out there likes the Mini as much as I do! Despite all the quirks I continue to have with them!

The full A port on any DJI controller is for connecting a phone/tablet to the controller.

OTG is more than just providing power and data. It also means the port has a connection that changes what could possibly be best described simply as the logical gender. Think of USB as a river with an upstream and a downstream. Normally a PC is upstream and an external drive, keyboard, mouse being downstream. The normal mode of the micro-USB port on the controller is downstream, which is also where the phone/tablet is configured. With a proper grounding of a 5th pin in the micro-USB plug, it changes the controller configuration on that port to be upstream. By the way, both the data and the power pairs have to switch direction. An upstream/host port provides power, a downstream/target port receives power.

Digging up a dead horse here but I bought a 1 Foot USB-C to USB-C on Amazon because it said it worked with the MA2 and my tablet but after one flight, the tablet keep losing connection and even turned the screen off while in hover right over my roof. Thank God the drone knows to come home after 11 seconds of communication loss but you know, when it just goes dark, it instantly scares the crap outta you. I actually didn't lose control and was able to land it back on my driveway while the screen was off.

Anywho, I found this one to try and will report back once I've done some flights with it. If I just report back with fireball emojis, you know it didn't end well. I am suprised DJI doesn't sell longer lengths of each cable connection type.

Digging up a dead horse here but I bought a 1 Foot USB-C to USB-C on Amazon because it said it worked with the MA2 and my tablet but after one flight, the tablet keep losing connection and even turned the screen off while in hover right over my roof. Thank God the drone knows to come home after 11 seconds of communication loss but you know, when it just goes dark, it instantly scares the crap outta you. I actually didn't lose control and was able to land it back on my driveway while the screen was off.

Anywho, I found this one to try and will report back once I've done some flights with it. If I just report back with fireball emojis, you know it didn't end well. I am suprised DJI doesn't sell longer lengths of each cable connection type.
I've had no problems with any cables, whether for Android or IOS. However, I always try to buy Anker.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus