DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need vendor for USB-C to USB-C cable that will work with A2S controller to Samsung Tablet

beachboy301

Reactions
The short USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the A2S controller works perfectly with my Samsung S7 tablet. But I have purchased two, slightly longer cables in local stores since then which do not work. Is there particular type of cable I need? Not having much luck on Amazon other than PGYTECH. Can anyone recomment a cable that works between the controller and a Samsung Tablet?

USB-C is a standard, if the right cable was in the package it should just work. what was the problem with the other cables you bought? Who made them?

The short USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the A2S controller works perfectly with my Samsung S7 tablet. But I have purchased two, slightly longer cables in local stores since then which do not work. Is there particular type of cable I need? Not having much luck on Amazon other than PGYTECH. Can anyone recomment a cable that works between the controller and a Samsung Tablet?

I've run across cables made for charging only and don't include data transmission capability.

Reactions: lee8sec
I've run across cables made for charging only and don't include data transmission capability.
Usually they are described that way, though it does seem odd to separate the functions, does add to the confusion.

there are cables that one can find that say they are for use with DJI, I think Hanatora cables usually work, but still would be good to know exactly what the OP was encountering with the other cables he used.

Reactions: tlswift58
Thank you for the quick responses. I will check out the Hanatora cables. One of the cables that failed came with a Samsung T5 SSD so while it does have power, it should also be a data cable but could be Samsung proprietary. The second cable was an Apple cable and should have been data capable. I believe the error message with both was something about the charger was not connected(??). I may try one today and record the error . The Flyapp on the device is unable to connect to the drone so not usable with either cable. But the DJI cable works perfectly with the tablet...simply too short.

Thank you for the quick responses. I will check out the Hanatora cables. One of the cables that failed came with a Samsung T5 SSD so while it does have power, it should also be a data cable but could be Samsung proprietary. The second cable was an Apple cable and should have been data capable. I believe the error message with both was something about the charger was not connected(??). I may try one today and record the error . The Flyapp on the device is unable to connect to the drone so not usable with either cable. But the DJI cable works perfectly with the tablet...simply too short.
Generally, USB-C cables should follow the specs, so I would not think Samsung would create a unique cable and call it a USB-C cable, unless it just happened they made one with a connector, but they really didn't call it a USB-C cable.

Depending on the Apple cable in question, I would think it should have worked if it were the USB-C connector on both ends, though, those are usually 1M or longer, which would be pretty long for a RC to Tablet cable.

Thanks everyone! I have just ordered a cable from PGYTech that is supposed to be compatible with the MA2 controller. I will post the results once I get it. It if fails, I will try some of the suggestions here in the thread!

I use this with my Mini2 and MA2 with zero issues on the galaxy tab s6 lite.

I use this with my Mini2 and MA2 with zero issues on the galaxy tab s6 lite.
Thank you! Very much appreciated. I may order this one soon.

I have several extras of these dji short cables. Happy to get them to you if It may. help

Usually they are described that way, though it does seem odd to separate the functions, does add to the confusion.

there are cables that one can find that say they are for use with DJI, I think Hanatora cables usually work, but still would be good to know exactly what the OP was encountering with the other cables he used.
The Hantora works great. I got it when I bought my Skyreat Aluminum holder on Amazon. It's the "braided" one and was like $10.

I am having the same issue, except with my iPad Pro (USB-C connector as well. I have purchased three cables, some of which were expensive fast data transfer cables, and none work consistently. I can get them to connect every once in a while (sometimes after letting it sit there for 5 minutes). There must be something different with the DJI supplied USB-C cable. Also, I need a cable that is about 3 ft. long as I am sitting down at a table when I fly due to disability. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Give these a shot...I have found them to work well....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093T1NXC2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929