DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for best settings for Litchi and Mavic 2 Pro for 360 panoramas

Krx

Reactions
Hello
Recently I purchased Litchi app for my M2P.
Previously I used DJI GO 4 for 360 spherical panoramas (raw files) and ptgui pro for (after photoshopping raws) stitching because it gives much better stitching results compared to DJI app.
But when shooting with DJI GO app, gimball doesn't tilt further than -15 degrees up which leaves huge zenith (top image) hole, which is a bit pain to patch in photoshop.
As I can see, litchi app allows gimbal to go a bit more up, so that zenith hole will be smaller and easier to patch in photoshop.
I wonder can you share your best proven settings for litchi spherical pano mode?
I saw some online tutorials for that, but those refer to older version of litchi so I'm curious if you managed to find optimal number of rows and columns and other settings for M2P drone.
Thanks, Regards

Hello
Recently I purchased Litchi app for my M2P.
Previously I used DJI GO 4 for 360 spherical panoramas (raw files) and ptgui pro for (after photoshopping raws) stitching because it gives much better stitching results compared to DJI app.
But when shooting with DJI GO app, gimball doesn't tilt further than -15 degrees up which leaves huge zenith (top image) hole, which is a bit pain to patch in photoshop.
As I can see, litchi app allows gimbal to go a bit more up, so that zenith hole will be smaller and easier to patch in photoshop.
I wonder can you share your best proven settings for litchi spherical pano mode?
I saw some online tutorials for that, but those refer to older version of litchi so I'm curious if you managed to find optimal number of rows and columns and other settings for M2P drone.
Thanks, Regards
You can automatically restrict the visible ceiling of your 360° panorama to the automated M2P spherical pano vertical field of view, without needing any content aware cloning. Obviously, there is nothing of interest in the top ceiling of the pano anyway. Instead of 360°x180°, create a 360°x124.2° field of view. That's what I do, using PanoramaStudio Pro 3 with the 26 saved original JPG images.

Hello
Currently I use that approach - to limit top view, Im using Pano2VR pro for creating virtual tours.
But this doesn't help when I need to export image for booking.com (soon the will go live with option for 360s) or facebook where I dont have options to limit top view.
I can also just cover top image with logo or leave it black but it's too big and ugly, that's why I'm looking for option to mimimize blank space in (zenith) top image.
Thanks for your input.
Regards

Hello
Currently I use that approach - to limit top view, Im using Pano2VR pro for creating virtual tours.
But this doesn't help when I need to export image for booking.com (soon the will go live with option for 360s) or facebook where I dont have options to limit top view.
I can also just cover top image with logo or leave it black but it's too big and ugly, that's why I'm looking for option to mimimize blank space in (zenith) top image.
Thanks for your input.
Regards
Yes, for acceptance on some sites, they require a full 360x180, so just clone in a larger content aware sky. The most you can gain with the M2P is the view from a 30° elevation above the horizontal by adding an extra row of 8 images at the top. Certainly doable, but with a marginal gain over cloning, as it is just sky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair