DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for control sticks that can be picked up by a magnet

You could try wrapping the lower part of the stick with some thin steel wire, 4 or 5 turns. Craft stores have it in small spools. This way if you find it interferes with the vast electromagnetic world of the controller, you can take it off easily. If it causes no problems, then put a tiny portion of heat shrink tubing over that.

I feel you pain, I have dropped a stick twice and it always buried itself in the sand or dust where I was standing. I do, since I am a geologist, tend to have a metal detector with me (big e'ffing help though, shows the stick is within a pie pan sized area). I carry a strange assortment of weird tools, three kinds of hammers and a wide assortment of chisels. I may have to start carrying a strainer to shift through the sand for the elven sized sticks. The silly sticks are annoyingly tiny and do tend to unscrew themselves if you're doing something that requires long term action on the controls. I have to crank mine down every battery change, just to be sure.

It is even more annoying since once was at night after landing the Mavic 3 Thermal, which strangely works even better for what I look for, at night. I loved sifting through the sand with my fingers on my hands and knees in the dark. We do have, not deadly, but best avoided, scorpions and tarantulas scuttling around here. They seem to love the dark. I do carry a UV illuminator, which makes scorpions glow, so I do scan for them. The tarantulas, they don't glow. At least they are not aggressive, they do resent being bumped and fling the hairs from their back at you which become super itchy. You have to work at it to get them to bite.

You could try wrapping the lower part of the stick with some thin steel wire, 4 or 5 turns. Craft stores have it in small spools. This way if you find it interferes with the vast electromagnetic world of the controller, you can take it off easily. If it causes no problems, then put a tiny portion of heat shrink tubing over that.

I feel you pain, I have dropped a stick twice and it always buried itself in the sand or dust where I was standing. I do, since I am a geologist, tend to have a metal detector with me (big e'ffing help though, shows the stick is within a pie pan sized area). I carry a strange assortment of weird tools, three kinds of hammers and a wide assortment of chisels. I may have to start carrying a strainer to shift through the sand for the elven sized sticks. The silly sticks are annoyingly tiny and do tend to unscrew themselves if you're doing something that requires long term action on the controls. I have to crank mine down every battery change, just to be sure.

It is even more annoying since once was at night after landing the Mavic 3 Thermal, which strangely works even better for what I look for, at night. I loved sifting through the sand with my fingers on my hands and knees in the dark. We do have, not deadly, but best avoided, scorpions and tarantulas scuttling around here. They seem to love the dark. I do carry a UV illuminator, which makes scorpions glow, so I do scan for them. The tarantulas, they don't glow. At least they are not aggressive, they do resent being bumped and fling the hairs from their back at you which become super itchy. You have to work at it to get them to bite.
Good suggestion. I may try that. Thanks!

If you (or someone you know) have access to a 3D printer you could print some use a bright color so they would be easy to spot. There are a few examples with the print files on thingiverse.com

Since the stock sticks are so tiny, easy to drop, and NON magnetic I would really like some replacement sticks that would stick to a magnet if I were to drop them. Can anyone recommend a 3rd party stick that would meet this criteria?
Hiya. I bought the sun shade cover that acts as a protective cover when the RC is not in use and flips up to be a sun shade. With this you never need to remove your sticks. Have fun.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure