DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for feedback on this drone related conversation about amusement parks

The funny thing is that this same lane was closed last year when we went to Commercial UAV Expo. We flew the Mini 3 Pro over people that time. Much better imagery from the Mavic 3 Pro this time.
Don't road repairs take for ever everywhere, they seem very keen on long term roadworks on UK motorways lol, just kidding, they do actually seem to try to get a wiggle on.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Here is an interview between Pilot Institute and the FAA that addresses the waiver process for Operation Over People.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is an interview between Pilot Institute and the FAA that addresses the waiver process for Operation Over People.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Better still, here is the article that tells you how and is based on the new OOP/OOMS criteria. My waiver was the one that helped craft the new approval criteria.

I respect that. That's why I'm asking in here openly. Someone requested the flight log and I posted it. I believe I fall under category 2 with my Mavic 3 Pro and it has Remote ID

• Category 2 and Category 3 provide performance-based eligibility and operating requirements when conducting operations over people using unmanned aircraft that weigh more than .55 pounds but do not have an airworthiness certificate under part 21.
  • In addition, for Category 2 operations, no remote pilot in command may operate a small unmanned aircraft in sustained flight over open-air assemblies unless the operation is compliant with Remote ID.
The Mavric 3 Thermal, Mavic 3 Multispectral, and Mavric 3 Enterprise qualify for Category 2 operation when equipped with prop guards and an approved parachute system. The Mavric 3 Pro does not have a DOC for OOP. See: UAS Declaration of Compliance
That means you must apply for a waiver and receive approval before flying.

The Mavric 3 Thermal, Mavic 3 Multispectral, and Mavric 3 Enterprise qualify for Category 2 operation when equipped with prop guards and an approved parachute system. The Mavric 3 Pro does not have a DOC for OOP. See: UAS Declaration of Compliance
That means you must apply for a waiver and receive approval before flying.
The AVSS Categorized drones don't need the prop guards.

Thanks Vic. It was nice meeting you at CUAV Expo.
Do you have a source for not needing to comply with 107.120(a)(2) for AVSS (Drone Parachute Recovery Systems) Categorized drones? Granted, websites advertising the parachute recovery systems show pictures of drones with the parachute system installed on drones without prop guards. Would you agree that, for this thread, a Maveric 3 Pro does not currently have a DOC and therefore is not an AVSS Categorized drone? And, for this thread, no parachute was used.
Drone regulations are constantly changing and I just want to make sure that I have the most accurate information on my website.

Thanks Vic. It was nice meeting you at CUAV Expo.
Do you have a source for not needing to comply with 107.120(a)(2) for AVSS (Drone Parachute Recovery Systems) Categorized drones? Granted, websites advertising the parachute recovery systems show pictures of drones with the parachute system installed on drones without prop guards. Would you agree that, for this thread, a Maveric 3 Pro does not currently have a DOC and therefore is not an AVSS Categorized drone? And, for this thread, no parachute was used.
Drone regulations are constantly changing and I just want to make sure that I have the most accurate information on my website.
Nice meeting you as well. One of the best things about conferences are the people you get to meet.

The no prop guards requirement comes from my conversation with Josh. 😉 But I'm sure it's in the certification and DOC paperwork somewhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-27 at 3.26.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-27 at 3.26.06 PM.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 0
. Would you agree that, for this thread, a Maveric 3 Pro does not currently have a DOC and therefore is not an AVSS Categorized drone? And, for this thread, no parachute was used.

And to answer that question, no it does not. Which is why you need the ParaZero PRS and a waiver to fly the non-Mavic 3 Enterprise drones over people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stokdgenetics