DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for feedback

I think a well chosen 90-120seconds is enough t portray the activity..., looks like an area between Greenfield and Val Vista at about Chandler Heights. In the PHX metro.

First, I thought you did a really nice job of composing, flying and shooting. Everything was smooth and professional looking. A have to agree with Thomas B, that you might have shortened it a bit as some of the shots were a bit redundant as was the musical backing track.

I'll be a little nit-picky because you asked for comments. What I would do if that were my footage (and would be proud to have shot it btw). I think a little more attention to grading would bring it to another level on some of the clips as some of the whites pushing up against 255 255 255 (in Photoshop numbers). Perhaps adjusting the output to keep you whites around 245 range, or a tad higher [I don't know if the different editing programs use different grading density scales so I just used Photoshop]. Also I think on some of the clips a little bump in saturation in those brighter clips too. I would have like to see the ski a little deeper, which I think upping the saturation levels a tad would help. But your stuff looks really natural.

Really good job!

Reactions: WJH
I liked it a lot ,great piloting. Was that music buddy guy ?

Reactions: WJH

I'm just wanting to know what people's thoughts are on my video, I never have much time to film my videos as I do it on the job!
Have at it! All thoughts and critique welcome. Cheers
I liked it and I didn't like it. Let me explain.
The part I liked was seeing the harvester in action. I am always fascinated by the mechanical farming of huge tracts of land and crops with modern farm machinery. I have traveled the world, and believe me, I have seen plenty of oxen-drawn carts taking hours for a single row of a crop.
The part that bothered me was that, for me, the entire film was out of focus. The second part is that it was unrealistically speeded up. It would have been so much nicer it it were in focus.

I liked it and I didn't like it. Let me explain.
The part I liked was seeing the harvester in action. I am always fascinated by the mechanical farming of huge tracts of land and crops with modern farm machinery. I have traveled the world, and believe me, I have seen plenty of oxen-drawn carts taking hours for a single row of a crop.
The part that bothered me was that, for me, the entire film was out of focus. The second part is that it was unrealistically speeded up. It would have been so much nicer it it were in focus.
Thanks for the comments I appreciate it, it is filmed in 4k and shouldn't be out of focus if you change the settings on YouTube and watch it in 1080p

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for the comments I appreciate it, it is filmed in 4k and shouldn't be out of focus if you change the settings on YouTube and watch it in 1080p
You re absolutely right! Perfect focus at 1080P. Thanks for the correction.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout