DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for Ideas - Quick Reference Booklet

cyeung

Reactions
I am thinking of making a quick reference card deck that is compact enough to slip into a bag. It would have a few lookup tables that would come in handy:
  • Conversion between feet, meters, nautical miles, and statute miles
  • Typical color temperatures for sunrise, sunset, sunny day, and cloudy day
  • F stop increments
  • ND filters and number of stops
Anything else? Also, what length/width works best?

I'm working on a project to put a pre-flight checklist onto postcard sized paper (Avery 8387 template). Using the Avery template for MS Word so that I don't have to fiddle with settings....and purchased the corresponding paper for the printer...so print and tear...and good to go. Might be worth looking into that as a solution for your card deck.

In my case, I will have the preflight check list on one side and on the other side putting a summary of 'no drone' areas for my part of the province (British Columbia) where I live, ...as well as a few links for 'drone ok' areas. For example, federal and provincial parks are no-drone (without express approval), but regional parks are a mix depending on the local government. Saanich parks are ok for drone flight (and I include the link to that permission), other municipalities I still have to research.

I also use Drone Pilot Canada on my phone...so if there is disagreement about restricted flight areas I can show a clear map.

But I plan on keeping a few copies of the checklist in my Lykus M1 packpack (which I love for my Mavic Mini + gear). Will use if for setup...and then if someone comes over to complain/inquire about what I am doing...I have the list of permitted flight areas in case they claim that I'm in a no-fly zone.

And finally, I am also including the 'non-emergency' police numbers for a number of the municipalities around where I live...so if someone says "I'm calling the cops" (and I'm confident that I'm in a permitted area to fly) then I'll give them the card and say "go ahead".

At the moment I've obtained a few different flight checklists and am doing a comparison...might end up creating my own version...for the Canadian version---would benefit from a 'cold weather' section of checks...!!

Reactions: anotherlab
I'm working on a project to put a pre-flight checklist onto postcard sized paper (Avery 8387 template). Using the Avery template for MS Word so that I don't have to fiddle with settings....and purchased the corresponding paper for the printer...so print and tear...and good to go. Might be worth looking into that as a solution for your card deck.

In my case, I will have the preflight check list on one side and on the other side putting a summary of 'no drone' areas for my part of the province (British Columbia) where I live, ...as well as a few links for 'drone ok' areas. For example, federal and provincial parks are no-drone (without express approval), but regional parks are a mix depending on the local government. Saanich parks are ok for drone flight (and I include the link to that permission), other municipalities I still have to research.

I also use Drone Pilot Canada on my phone...so if there is disagreement about restricted flight areas I can show a clear map.

But I plan on keeping a few copies of the checklist in my Lykus M1 packpack (which I love for my Mavic Mini + gear). Will use if for setup...and then if someone comes over to complain/inquire about what I am doing...I have the list of permitted flight areas in case they claim that I'm in a no-fly zone.

And finally, I am also including the 'non-emergency' police numbers for a number of the municipalities around where I live...so if someone says "I'm calling the cops" (and I'm confident that I'm in a permitted area to fly) then I'll give them the card and say "go ahead".

At the moment I've obtained a few different flight checklists and am doing a comparison...might end up creating my own version...for the Canadian version---would benefit from a 'cold weather' section of checks...!!
Ever come up with anything handy?

Gathered a bunch of material, but found im not using the drone much... so sits uncollected.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard