DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for Mini3 Pro photographer response

I have come to the same conclusion and IF I can justify the expense, that is the way I will go... thanks
mavic 3 is also perfect for your ego :)
i saw on my first pics taken today that in the exif infos the name of the camera is Hasselblad :)
i think is the cheapest way to get that brand name on your pics
everyone needs a Hasselblad camera in a lifetime :)
off topic, of course :)

Reactions: New England Droning
Yes, for you in Canada (I think) and in the UK and places in Europe have more rules for urban areas.
Here in the US, we have less except where local ordinances indicate otherwise (ie, New York City is mostly an NFZ (from what I understand) and I don't want to fly in areas like that. I check aloft and b4Ufly if in an unknown area)
But what I refer to is the statement made about more rules for the M3C and specifically here in the US. As far as I know, I have roughly the same requirements for people, cars, trains, and buildings for both AC. Only individual city jurisdictions might make a difference between the different weight classes of the below 250G and those above...

Again if there is a rule that says I can fly my mini2 over a forest in Vermont but would not be able to fly an M3C in the same spot due to its weight then I'm not aware of it... Again, I shy away from urban environments and people because it can get dicey for so many reasons...
Not in Canada (although I had a chance back in 1979 and blew it... the folly of youth...). I'm in the UK. Here there are similar geographical restrictions and by-laws to those you face: but on a smaller scale - over here we have the National Trust and Historic England instead of National Parks & Forestry(?) and Parish, County & Borough councils (relatively independent local governmental bodies which in principle are similar to your State bodies but much more low-rent) all implementing their own personal "no-fly zones" and passing local policies that in many cases are in contradiction with the Aviation Authority regulations. We also have regional police forces that really wouldn't know the difference between snot and shoepolish (I'm sure you get the reference) concerning the legality, or illegality of drone operation - so a lot of the more serious UK drone fliers have to know where they stand, cross all the 't's' and dot all the 'i's' before they put their bird up in the air, have a clear understanding of the relevant legislation and make sure they adhere to Aviation Law.

Talking about "dicey"... So far, I've only had one serious run-in with P.C. Plod (English colloquialism for "police") as a result of a malicious, bombastic nosey parker reporting "illegal drone flight" on the grounds of the fact that he thought because it was something he didn't like and couldn't stop: it must be a criminal offence. Cue a squad car of Airport Police who were thoroughly reasonable, actually knew what they were talking about and checked all registrations and relevant permissions from ATC (100% pass and a "thank you sir - if you've finished you're at liberty to go about your business") - followed 5 minutes afterwards by a squad car packed with burly PCSO's (unpaid, badly trained police wannabe's who are usually at least one sandwich short of a picnic) Starsky & Hutching around the corner hell-bent on stamping all over the dangerous drone criminals who had been reported by an anonymous phone tip-off... bet you a dollar it was exactly the same person who called the Airport Police... Luckily: they: (the Airport Police) were still on-site and having an interested chat with the two of us fliers. It was they who stopped the PCSO's dead in their tracks, told the one "special" in the bunch to put her tazer away and the rest of them to wind their necks in.

That's the reason why I make absolutely certain that I am free to fly wherever I aim to fly before I get on-site. For me: the icing on the cake with a sub-250 gram drone is the greater degree of deployment freedom.

Not in Canada (although I had a chance back in 1979 and blew it... the folly of youth...). I'm in the UK. Here there are similar geographical restrictions and by-laws to those you face: but on a smaller scale - over here we have the National Trust and Historic England instead of National Parks & Forestry(?) and Parish, County & Borough councils (relatively independent local governmental bodies which in principle are similar to your State bodies but much more low-rent) all implementing their own personal "no-fly zones" and passing local policies that in many cases are in contradiction with the Aviation Authority regulations. We also have regional police forces that really wouldn't know the difference between snot and shoepolish (I'm sure you get the reference) concerning the legality, or illegality of drone operation - so a lot of the more serious UK drone fliers have to know where they stand, cross all the 't's' and dot all the 'i's' before they put their bird up in the air, have a clear understanding of the relevant legislation and make sure they adhere to Aviation Law.

Talking about "dicey"... So far, I've only had one serious run-in with P.C. Plod (English colloquialism for "police") as a result of a malicious, bombastic nosey parker reporting "illegal drone flight" on the grounds of the fact that he thought because it was something he didn't like and couldn't stop: it must be a criminal offence. Cue a squad car of Airport Police who were thoroughly reasonable, actually knew what they were talking about and checked all registrations and relevant permissions from ATC (100% pass and a "thank you sir - if you've finished you're at liberty to go about your business") - followed 5 minutes afterwards by a squad car packed with burly PCSO's (unpaid, badly trained police wannabe's who are usually at least one sandwich short of a picnic) Starsky & Hutching around the corner hell-bent on stamping all over the dangerous drone criminals who had been reported by an anonymous phone tip-off... bet you a dollar it was exactly the same person who called the Airport Police... Luckily: they: (the Airport Police) were still on-site and having an interested chat with the two of us fliers. It was they who stopped the PCSO's dead in their tracks, told the one "special" in the bunch to put her tazer away and the rest of them to wind their necks in.

That's the reason why I make absolutely certain that I am free to fly wherever I aim to fly before I get on-site. For me: the icing on the cake with a sub-250 gram drone is the greater degree of deployment freedom.
"That's the reason why I make absolutely certain that I am free to fly wherever I aim to fly before I get on-site. For me: the icing on the cake with a sub-250 gram drone is the greater degree of deployment freedom."

Precisely- couldn't agree more!

Reactions: New England Droning
mavic 3 is also perfect for your ego :)
i saw on my first pics taken today that in the exif infos the name of the camera is Hasselblad :)
i think is the cheapest way to get that brand name on your pics
everyone needs a Hasselblad camera in a lifetime :)
off topic, of course :)
are you saying my ego is big??? It's probably because I've been interviewed on CBS Sunday Morning and the BBC had me on their program "Autumn Watch"... So I'm sorry if I sound like I have an ego...

OR
are you referring to the Mavic 3 as GOOD for photographers' egos because they get a Hasselblad camera??? Either way, I'm good with it... :cool:

• Love
Reactions: gogorokokoko

Over here well call the know-it-alls who actually only know they are unhappy and they want you to be as unhappy as them and most of the time the local police or enforcers are very reasonable to deal with (most of the time) But I'm sure we all have to bear the brunt of those who feel if they don't like it, it must be illegal... Similar to it's 5pm somewhere so its time for a drink...!
Have a great day...

Reactions: Felix le Chat
are you saying my ego is big??? It's probably because I've been interviewed on CBS Sunday Morning and the BBC had me on their program "Autumn Watch"... So I'm sorry if I sound like I have an ego...

OR
are you referring to the Mavic 3 as GOOD for photographers' egos because they get a Hasselblad camera??? Either way, I'm good with it... :cool:
i obviously didnt know how did you build your ego so its the 2nd
when you own a Hassy camera you are closer to the moon, sun, stars :)
you are a gods friend :)
and DJI investing in Hassy offered us a unique gift, Hassy branded pics from a drone
its one of a kind also because its like some phone pics are Phase One branded, thing that we will not see in this lifetime ::)

Last edited:
I am a keen photographer, and having a bigger drone that can handle more wind especially when out and about, the Mavic 3 will be able to fly in much higher winds and keep the shots stable.
I have done quite a number of shots with 8 second shutter and no movement or blurring on stationary objects, even on days where I would have though I wouldn't have been able to get such stable shots. On the very windy days I would take multiple of the same shot, because sometimes you will see blurring, but it has to be quite gusty, then you will generally get 1 out of 3.
Or flying in a valley to take a nice longer exposure of a waterfall or similar, wind tends to channel up these, the Mavic 3 would win hands down and you will be able to fly far more often than you could with the mini 3.
I am about to buy a mini 3 pro to take overseas and it is going to become my international drone, since it's easier to fly without pilot licensing, in most if not all.

I am a keen photographer, and having a bigger drone that can handle more wind especially when out and about, the Mavic 3 will be able to fly in much higher winds and keep the shots stable.
I have done quite a number of shots with 8 second shutter and no movement or blurring on stationary objects, even on days where I would have though I wouldn't have been able to get such stable shots. On the very windy days I would take multiple of the same shot, because sometimes you will see blurring, but it has to be quite gusty, then you will generally get 1 out of 3.
Or flying in a valley to take a nice longer exposure of a waterfall or similar, wind tends to channel up these, the Mavic 3 would win hands down and you will be able to fly far more often than you could with the mini 3.
I am about to buy a mini 3 pro to take overseas and it is going to become my international drone, since it's easier to fly without pilot licensing, in most if not all.

Same reason I bought my Mini 3 Pro - international travel. And it has not disappointed. But I still bring the magic 3 out for the good stuff here.

Reactions: danwnz
Resolution between mini 2 and mini 3 are the same. The 48MP is all smoke. The reason it has improved image quality is due to a larger sensor. The wider aperture makes it better in low light as well.
Yes, the Mavic 3 is the way to go in all aspects but size, legality and portability. You can fly the mini 3 with no pilot's license provided you're not using it for business purposes. The mavic 3 you need to get your part 107 license since it's over 250g.
The mini 3 and the mini 3 pro have a bigger sensor than the mini 2

I have come to the same conclusion and IF I can justify the expense, that is the way I will go... thanks
If you are considering a M3C why not go with the M3 with the 7X optical Tele lens. I have found it invaluable in my photography. Having two cameras in the air makes the M3 such a versatile drone.

Chris

Reactions: Coskier and danwnz
If you are considering a M3C why not go with the M3 with the 7X optical Tele lens. I have found it invaluable in my photography. Having two cameras in the air makes the M3 such a versatile drone.

Chris
Yeah agreed, I am going to miss this when doing my Argentina trip soon, just have to fly for longer to get closer :)

Reactions: Chrislaf

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada