DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking to hire someone to edit for me.

Range Aerial

Reactions
Hello, im new to the drone photography game, I'm not new to drones however. Ive got my 107 and set up an llc and have a little work starting to come my way. The problem I have is that I have zero experience editing pictures or videos. Can anyone recommend an editing service where I can send my work and just pay them to do it for me? I know there are thousands online who do it, I'm trying to narrow down my search.
Maybe overseas who will do it cheap? Open to suggestions

Simple cut editing is something that might be worth the bother to learn. Here is an example of a commercial product you could buy, the video showcased basic common function. THere are cheaper options, I just favor this editor. Also, in a way, a large part of 'editing' is done before you even fly (planning the shots) so after the shoot you have an sd card already half prepared to be edited because the recordings are in small clips and index of clips with description of shot.

How to edit with edius

Reactions: BigAl07
Ahem, I am wondering if I should suggest myself :) I am rather good at editing pictures (although I say so myself), I don't have a lot on my hands at the moment, and I certainly am overseas. Make me an offer and I will consider.

Reactions: Huo
Ahem, I am wondering if I should suggest myself :) I am rather good at editing pictures (although I say so myself), I don't have a lot on my hands at the moment, and I certainly am overseas. Make me an offer and I will consider.
Could I send you a few pictures and see what you can do with them?
Right now I've got some real estate pics, and short videos. Any idea what you might charge for that? (Per picture or per 10 second video?)

Simple cut editing is something that might be worth the bother to learn. Here is an example of a commercial product you could buy, the video showcased basic common function. THere are cheaper options, I just favor this editor. Also, in a way, a large part of 'editing' is done before you even fly (planning the shots) so after the shoot you have an sd card already half prepared to be edited because the recordings are in small clips and index of clips with description of shot.

How to edit with edius
Thanks, I'll watch that.
I just didn't want to spend hours learning and doing the editing when someone else can do it so much better and faster. But you are right, I should know how to set up for better picture and video taking. Thanks

One problem with having someone else do the editing work is how many back and forth sessions it will take to get what your customer likes. Even if the first draft is exactly what was specified, when they see it they may usually, almost always, ask for changes.

Last edited:
outsourcing is going to take time, risk, and $$. It's much better to learn it yourself and you'll have that feather in your hat. With the huge abundance of YT videos and also "One Touch" editing programs you can do a lot quickly. Granted "One Touch" isn't going to compare to an experienced pros editing but with Real Estate you need to think about your bottom line.

As mentioned above by @Huo you are planning your shots before you're flying. We try to have a "story" in mind before the aircraft takes off so we can get the shots we need. Time is $$ and you can save yourself a lot of both by knowing the story you're trying to tell up front.

outsourcing is going to take time, risk, and $$. It's much better to learn it yourself and you'll have that feather in your hat. With the huge abundance of YT videos and also "One Touch" editing programs you can do a lot quickly. Granted "One Touch" isn't going to compare to an experienced pros editing but with Real Estate you need to think about your bottom line.

As mentioned above by @Huo you are planning your shots before you're flying. We try to have a "story" in mind before the aircraft takes off so we can get the shots we need. Time is $$ and you can save yourself a lot of both by knowing the story you're trying to tell up front.
As they used to say with traveling- "planning is half the fun of going there." For me, it's the same exact thing with flying and photography. I Really enjoy photography and on a big trip take thousands of images, only to cull them down over and over to a folder where I can then edit (e.g.: photoshop) each image for final presentations. The same applies to drone footage. Planning the flight, and knowing how you will use the footage in your presentation or "show" is half the part of flying. Why fly when you cannot actually use your own footage?

All of this being said, it took me over a year to find someone who could teach me Premier Pro. It doesn't matter what software you use, but I'd go for the better ones like Premiere or Final Cut Pro, and of course, a very powerful computer.

From listening to you guys, one would be led to believe there isn't a whole industry dedicated to doing exactly what the OP is asking for. I do agree it is best if you can edit your own footage, but outsourcing it is not exactly "unorthodox" either; especially when one is running a business. It all comes down to which method will minimize costs and speed up work flow.

Reactions: Gindra
From listening to you guys, one would be led to believe there isn't a whole industry dedicated to doing exactly what the OP is asking for. I do agree it is best if you can edit your own footage, but outsourcing it is not exactly "unorthodox" either; especially when one is running a business. It all comes down to which method will minimize costs and speed up work flow.
Yes- I'm sure there are tons of video editors out there....but I'd guess most of them are working in The Hollywood film industry. If you want to get your stuff edited for your own taste you actually need to sit by the editor and share the screen- where to cut, when to cut, how much to save or cut, etc.You need to select the music tracks, and again, decide the volume, where to cut, when to fade, etc.

Editing is very subjective and personal. They even award Oscars for it. Editing can make or break a film. Learning editing is a pain but it is worth it in the long run. As an aside, my 50 year old daughter has a degree in editing from the prestigious American Film Institute, lives in Los Angeles, and she spent a year learning a powerful editing machine (The Avid). She cannot get editing work.

I work in the creative field (Brand for a large bank) and we contract editors anywhere from $85-$145/hr, the good ones won't even work unless we contract them 3-6 months. It will be a challenge finding someone to work on such an adhoc basis unless you are willing to drown them in cash

ofc you can go with a no name but you'll get what you pay for

Hello @Range Aerial , I'm willing to edit for you both video and photo, both are my profession and that is what I do for a living.

Here's my instagram where you can see small part of how I do it, also included on a page real estate ( its actually my profession lol )

P.s. all the content on my instagram page I made but I did edit many times wedding trailers, videos, commercials pictures for others etc.

Yes- I'm sure there are tons of video editors out there....but I'd guess most of them are working in The Hollywood film industry. If you want to get your stuff edited for your own taste you actually need to sit by the editor and share the screen- where to cut, when to cut, how much to save or cut, etc.You need to select the music tracks, and again, decide the volume, where to cut, when to fade, etc.
Dale, Hollywood is the holygrail of editors but there are a million other places where editors are needed. Everything from a video/pictures of your birthday party and wedding to a small advert to be aired in the local TV channel needs the work of editors. And we are not talking about someone who wants his footage edited for his own taste. The OP (from what I understood) wants someone who can take his raw footage and give them a little wow factor; make them appealing enough that people would take an interest. This is marketing/advertising, not personal taste. So while I do agree, like I said before, it is perhaps best if he can do the editing himself, it is not wrong by any means for him to look for someone else to do this for him. In fact, it could be the wiser choice if OP has more productive ways of spending the time he would otherwise dedicate to learning editing. Like you yourself said, it takes an awfully long time to develop the skill set.

And I wish your daughter all the best of luck in finding a job. I am sure she will find one, it is just that sometimes it takes a while.

(Edited for spelling - lol)

Hello @Range Aerial , I'm willing to edit for you both video and photo, both are my profession and that is what I do for a living.

Here's my instagram where you can see small part of how I do it, also included on a page real estate ( its actually my profession lol )

P.s. all the content on my instagram page I made but I did edit many times wedding trailers, videos, commercials pictures for others etc.

There we go, seems like he found one!

Hello, im new to the drone photography game, I'm not new to drones however. Ive got my 107 and set up an llc and have a little work starting to come my way. The problem I have is that I have zero experience editing pictures or videos. Can anyone recommend an editing service where I can send my work and just pay them to do it for me? I know there are thousands online who do it, I'm trying to narrow down my search.
Maybe overseas who will do it cheap? Open to suggestions
I am an experienced video editor who still edits his own work on hobbies and vacations in retirement. I have professional hardware and software (Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects). I would be willing to do editing of video for $20 per hour, but I have no photo editing experience. I could do an edit at no cost initially to see if you approve. Reply if you are interested or e-mail me at [email protected].

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu