DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Lookout Peak 13,000'+, Short but Tough Climb, Astounding Views! San Juan Mountains Colorado

Karlewski

Reactions
I was truly AMAZED by this climb, an easy drive up and a couple power hours later I was on one of the most picturesque peaks ever! The San Juans have easily continued to surprise me being home to some of the most beautiful places on our planet, IMO. Super pleased and proud to share them with you guys, there's more to come. I've now had many trips like this, none have disappointed. . . Cheers Guys! Karl

An incredibly beautiful area! Thanks for the heads-up for Ophir Pass.
To the west of Lookout Peak, there's a trail or road that departs from 630 trending northward past Oscar's Peak.......do you know which is the case?
Thanks for the post.

Karl, you always amaze!!! This is primarily a drone forum so I'll say your drone work was excellent, as usual. I especially like where you matched drone shots to the Google map shots! Tell me you keep a journal. Someday you should write a book about your adventures. In the electronic version you could even have links to your videos! As always, thanks for sharing and great work!!!!!

As incredible and convenient as this trip was, not to mention Stunning, there are several more to come that are fairly similar but, WOW, even cooler, longer, very special. I'll put one up on a new post!

If I had a journal no-one would even believe it, I have been a VERY wild man for a very long time, my family thought I'd be dead long ago, international Paraglider competitor and rock climbing Long routes on high peaks, all kinds of motorcycles. . .a couple things I won't even mention. . . it has been one wild ride, and why I started photography years ago. Just so I'd have some proof and not just some crazy story, lol. Thank you Dave, hopefully my channel will be a big part of my legacy!

An incredibly beautiful area! Thanks for the heads-up for Ophir Pass.
To the west of Lookout Peak, there's a trail or road that departs from 630 trending northward past Oscar's Peak.......do you know which is the case?
Thanks for the post.
I would have to think that is a trail, crazy steep and tons of tight switchbacks, but I honestly can not be sure. I think I would have seen it clearly if it was a road. . . ??? May we'll be an old to usable mining road?

I was truly AMAZED by this climb, an easy drive up and a couple power hours later I was on one of the most picturesque peaks ever! The San Juans have easily continued to surprise me being home to some of the most beautiful places on our planet, IMO. Super pleased and proud to share them with you guys, there's more to come. I've now had many trips like this, none have disappointed. . . Cheers Guys! Karl
you always surprise me Karl. That was so cool to watch you on my comfortable chair.😉 So fantastic the mountains in Colorado and I can understand that you never get enough of it! I really enjoyed your video, as well as all the others! Thanks for showing my climbing friend 👍
cheers Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N