DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s San Miguel Peak 13,700' an Epic Climb with Surreal Beauty! San Juan Mountains Colorado

Karlewski

Reactions
I had an Amazing, Beautiful and Surprisingly Technical climb up a little known mountain, San Miguel Peak ~13,700 in the San Juans. I made this video of the Adventure and am very proud of it. The snow is still sticking around in the San Juans and that made it even more fun!
Enjoy Brothers!

https://www.facebook.com/#

When going up that high and into snow do you carry bad weather gear, a tent and cooker/food etc.? In the UK I've heard of weather closing awfully fast and catching unprepared many people out, our hills are under 4500ft.
Very nice to see you in 'greenery' lol.

I alway bring a little extra food and a warm & rain jacket. . . The standard for Colorado high mountains is to be able to head down by noon In anticipation of afternoon thunder shower. I only go big like this with a dry forecast as well. that said, I can and have climbed class 3 terrain in light rain over 14k, not recommended but went well for me. Any lightening while up high and you better be running for your life, have not been in that situation ever. If you’re interested, I was on Ruby to Grays peak on my channel. It was one of the coolest adventures and videos I’ve ever made, punching through clouds and hanging out with a family of mountain goats, truly magic. ..

have not been in that situation ever.
Oh man, don't tempt fate. I'd hate for something to go wrong.

I was on Ruby to Grays peak on my channel
I don't or very, very rarely watch channels.
Though, if you post the video on here I will probably watch it. Being from the UK the mountain names have little meaning to me, I know/knew a few but at least one of those has gone native I think.

Last edited:
I had an Amazing, Beautiful and Surprisingly Technical climb up a little known mountain, San Miguel Peak ~13,700 in the San Juans. I made this video of the Adventure and am very proud of it. The snow is still sticking around in the San Juans and that made it even more fun!
Enjoy Brothers!

Facebook - log in or sign up
Karl! Totally awesome and amazing video, as usual, but you continue to out do yourself in all ways- hiking, challenging footings and footage, video, flying, editing, everything. Thanks again for the opportunity to see these amazing places through your efforts and eyes.

Dale
Miami

The cool thing is, it is so rewarding to produce these beautiful videos by just being there and the encouragement of my viewers synergizes me to seek out yet another special experience and stay fit and agile in order to do so.
I did have a very minor accident a couple week ago but, in the moment it was quite alarming. bumped a small rock, just above my head, as I was traversing below a steep rotten cliff, it hit my head with little impact, fell a foot or so, not very forceful or painful. I though little of it till 1 minute later when blood started literally streaming down my face and sunglasses blocking my vision! Turned out to be nothing, climbed another mountain after a solid self evaluation, the blood freaked me out and I wanted to make sure I was not in shock but, the real savior was being prepared to quickly stop the bleeding and having snow right there to clean up, it was a scary mess. I’m producing that video right now. **** happens, glad I was prepared, I was also carrying an SOS satellite beacon. Glad that didn’t come out. . .
Here's the one I was referring to, this was a real special climb for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne