DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looks like the Mavic 3 Classic is coming, Air2S killer?

In my view the Air2s is one of the best drones DJI ever released. Fewest problems, nice size and flight quality, good camera, all with at a reasonable price. DJI has been trying to do better since and so far I am not convinced of their success.
I plan to sit on what I have until the dust settles and the jury is out.
You just gotta know that one day DJI will come out with an Air 3 or Air 3S.
Now THAT has got to be good.

- In the EU, C1 classification is going to be awesome
Well, it's certainly better than C2 or higher classes but still you are legally restricted to fly over uninvolved people where it can be expected. Yeah, I know, that depends and I have not heard of any legal case in the EU, but like for my purposes, doing cityscapes is pretty much not going to happen, as in populated places, as the name suggests, it's per se normal to have people around.

That's why I went with the Mini 3 Pro from the M2P to avoid any future hassle, but it's good, that finally DJI and the EU regulatory worked out the first official C label.

Fascinating, an M3 with no explore camera for $500 less. Gotta laugh at that one. This suggests DJI is paying $500 per machine to add that wee camera sensor. In reality I suspect it costs DJI about the same amount to mass produce both the classic or original M3 due to the idea DJI probably pays about $15 for that wee explore sensor… if that. This is like DJI admitting they just ripped us off for $500 when we bought the M3 last year.
How was it a ripoff?

Do you charge for your labor a fixed moderate percentage over you basic cost of living so you don't "rip people off" and behave (I suppose) "ethically"?

Or do you seek to be paid as much as you can get for your skill set and work ethic because "you're worth it", regardless of what it costs to keep you going...

I bought an Avata, for example, because it was worth it to ME. Not because I determined DJI was charging a "fair" price based upon an analysis of what it cost DJI to manufacture the product. That's a pretty naive and self-defeating way of making purchasing decisions.

And if that 3 second clip is getting posted to any social media, it's even more pointless as YouTube and others re-compress that video even more. 99.999% of normal viewers don't even care what drone model shot the video and nearly the same percentage of us pilots who like to pixel peep will be able to tell either.
All true but largely irrelevant. The people that buy an M3 (any flavor) just for YT videos is vanishingly small and can be completely ignored.

This could be good for Mavic 2 pilots who stayed put due to the Mavic 3's huge price bump and controller downgrade. The M3's 7x lens was panned by all. Many, like me, stayed put with the Mavic 2 not seeing enough additional features and benefits to warrant such a big invesment for so little additional practical return. But if the Mavic 3C has the basics of the M3 and is $500 less, that might be an opportunity to buy DJI Pro controller, which would take the sting out of making that move.
Im here in southern Lanzarote with the air 2 s combo I got it off amazon used for about 600 euros with usb cable missing, 1 inch sensor,5.6k but I just use 1080 as 4k etc too big to upload and unnecessary smaller form factor to carry in y rucksack on the plane etc, good range fast, I can fly VR with Litchi because the sdk is shared etc, why would you spend nearly 3 times that for less? for the M3
check out what it can do here

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55