DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing connection

heydave23

Reactions
Hey I have a new Mavic air, about 2 weeks. Zero crashes, so I'm wondering why my screen is going Grey and freezing when I'm up about 150 feet and out only 100 feet. I was in a neighborhood of houses, not sure if there was some interference. Not really happy with this drone right now.

I was in a neighborhood of houses, not sure if there was some interference
What happens when you're not flying in that neighborhood of houses? That would at least confirm if the interference is coming from that neighborhood.

Do you have the front legs folded down? Are your controller antennas in the proper orientation and are you pointing them as shown in the manual? It's too hard to describe but the manual has a good picture. I tend to let my controller drop so I have had some pixilation once in awhile.

Do you have the front legs folded down? Are your controller antennas in the proper orientation and are you pointing them as shown in the manual? It's too hard to describe but the manual has a good picture. I tend to let my controller drop so I have had some pixilation once in awhile.
Yes, legs and antennas pointed correctly. I did change neighborhoods and was able to fly a little farther. But I still was only Maybe 1500 feet out at 400 feet and I lose connection. Same #1 neighborhood flying with my p3 pro I was able to go 4 x the distance. Hmmmm.

Also look into video caching on dji go app.
It will cause the drone video to appear to break up. But it's not.

I've found neighbourhoods are always interference laden. Power lines too

Reactions: heydave23
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka