DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loss of control in autotrack

Wardang

Reactions
I was recently playing around with autotrack and Mavic was following subject well and responding to movement. May have been the dwindling light conditions or subject moving too fast but the Mavic lost the subject a couple of times. This was all fine until on one occasion it lost the subject and suddenly flew backward and upward at a rate of knots toward some tree obstacles. I took over control and avoided crashing but was concerned that it took off with no warning or self preservation. I think the avoidance collision is disabled in this mode however it took off as though it was going into a RTH routine. Any thoughts?

I was recently playing around with autotrack and Mavic was following subject well and responding to movement. May have been the dwindling light conditions or subject moving too fast but the Mavic lost the subject a couple of times. This was all fine until on one occasion it lost the subject and suddenly flew backward and upward at a rate of knots toward some tree obstacles. I took over control and avoided crashing but was concerned that it took off with no warning or self preservation. I think the avoidance collision is disabled in this mode however it took off as though it was going into a RTH routine. Any thoughts?
Active track is just like that. I have tested several times with different scenarios and objects and concluded I will never use it again.
I believe the OA sensors are on in active track. However the mavic doesn't have OA sensors on its sides and collisions with objects are often during an unexpected sweep sideways.
It is usable but needs to be actively monitored by the pilot.

Active track is just like that. I have tested several times with different scenarios and objects and concluded I will never use it again.
I believe the OA sensors are on in active track. However the mavic doesn't have OA sensors on its sides and collisions with objects are often during an unexpected sweep sideways.
It is usable but needs to be actively monitored by the pilot.
Thanks for the response. Will probably not use this mode until an update fixes the issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada