DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost commuication with my mavic 2

wayne brow

Reactions
It fell about 100 feet and the battery was about 5 feet away and the drone has a lot damage it apears battery failure may be the cause it was split apart and very hot to the touch, has any one else seen this

welcome to the forum,sorry it is not under better circumstances,sounds like the dreaded swollen battery disconnect
if you can post your logs for that flight ,then one of our resident experts should be able to give you a definitive answer

welcome to the forum,sorry it is not under better circumstances,sounds like the dreaded swollen battery disconnect
if you can post your logs for that flight ,then one of our resident experts should be able to give you a definitive answer
May be, but the battery look fine when I installed it because i’m aware of the swollen battery issue, thanks for your response. I have dji refresh and will contact them in the am, hope it works out.

A lot of people mention the care refresh thing when perhaps the fault, if there is one, is a warranty issue. I know the warranty on batteries is shortish but just in case ......how 'old' are they. With warranty claims you surely don't have an "excess" to pay, with refresh you do.

A lot of people mention the care refresh thing when perhaps the fault, if there is one, is a warranty issue. I know the warranty on batteries is shortish but just in case ......how 'old' are they. With warranty claims you surely don't have an "excess" to pay, with refresh you do.

Yes, don't burn a refresh if you don't have to, when it is potentially a warranty issue, unless you can afford to so easily give one up.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I just had a battery separation issue that crashed my Mavic 2 Zoom. I have consulted an aviation pilot who is also an industrial designer and his opinion is that this is a design flaw in the Mavic 2. See my post in General Mavic 2 forum.

You won't necessarily see swelling until after a flight. It's not common for it to swell so much that it splits, but perhaps impact to ground along with swelling stress allowed it to split.

Keep them batteries cool when not in use, especially when fully charged. If you keep them in a hot car, they may start to experience swelling. My first 3 did to different last year during summer. No problems with my 3 replacements but I keep them in a cooler when transporting on hot days.

You won't necessarily see swelling until after a flight. It's not common for it to swell so much that it splits, but perhaps impact to ground along with swelling stress allowed it to split.

Keep them batteries cool when not in use, especially when fully charged. If you keep them in a hot car, they may start to experience swelling. My first 3 did to different last year during summer. No problems with my 3 replacements but I keep them in a cooler when transporting on hot days.
Ok thanks for the tip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM