DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection and the M2P Drone

Following thread for an update if you found it or not.....

Last edited:
A
It wouldn't be the same. It's not the interface that matters; it's the underlying brilliance that counts. And even if it could be purchased by us all, and we all did our own analyses, it'd...well, quite frankly, it'd suck.

In the case of @sar104, it's really the blessings he brings to this community helping those that have had the unfortune of losing/crashing their Aircraft. It's a joy (for me at least) to just read and absorb as much as I can as some of these events unfold.
As a computer programmer, I don't think it would suck at all. I do analysis daily but I also understand the value of a UI.

That might mean that the battery ejected prior to impact. Without the weight of the battery, falling into the brush probably minimized damage.
Great going!

God news guys. I found my drone after 4 days of intensive search in difficult terrain.I found it in the middle of the yellow and red point. It was without battery and with demaged propellers but the drone, the gimbal and the camera were in perfect conditions.
I thank y'all for the great support!
View attachment 78338View attachment 78339

That's good. I suspect that the battery actually ejected in midair, which would explain why it didn't make it all the way to the red pin - same drag coefficient but lower mass. Plugging that in gives the following green path, as opposed to the red path for the aircraft plus battery:

Easy in hind sight.
The log says 377.5ft from home.
377.5 ft = 115.06m measure a straight line twixt home and (drone last shown)
Thats the same place as the yellow pin.
View attachment 78447
Its a pity about the drone eating ferns.

Easy in hind sight.
The log says 377.5ft from home.
377.5 ft = 115.06m measure a straight line twixt home and (drone last shown)
Thats the same place as the yellow pin.
View attachment 78447
Its a pity about the drone eating ferns.

You don't need to measure the distance to the home point - the log contains the flight track coordinates. The yellow pin is directly under the last recorded point, but it wasn't going to end up on the ground there because it was flying at 11 m/s when it disconnected, and because there was a 3 - 4 m/s wind out of the north. The initial speed and wind field, together with the drag coefficient and aircraft mass, determine the descent trajectory. The only hindsight involved in this case is that the mass of the aircraft changes if the battery ejects in the air, which appears to be what happened.

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR