DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection Mavic Pro

Joel1521

Reactions
Five or six times today I got a message that I lost the connection with the drone about a minute or so into flight. In each case, I was only a few hundred feet away; clear weather in park with open field. Questions: 1) what might have caused it? and 2) how do I reconnect without landing and restarting? Also, if I lost the connection why is that the RTH still works and I can still fly it manually?

I bought these and they helped

https://www.amazon.com/Threeking-Foldable-Parabolic-Compatible-Controller/dp/B072HFCC2S

I live in a remote area with tons of trees and it sometimes happens to me. Thankfully the RTH kicks in after connection is lost for a certain amount of time. I think it could be because the location is stored locally on the drone and it can find its way back. Also it’s the loss of connection that causes it to return to home. I could be wrong.

At that distance it probably isn't a signal problem. Next time, look at your controller and see the signal strength to the aircraft.

Losing connection with your app doesn't mean losing connection with the controller. It's usually a USB connection issue to your device or a device that is marginal to run Go4.

Often you can simply unplug and replug the USB connector on the side of the controller. If the problem persists, try using a longer USB cable and plugging into the bottom port on the controller.

Last edited:
If your surrounded by trees, houses, etc and your going up and then left right out of LOS (like blair witch movie), you won't get very far at all.
Especially if antennae arent facing correctly.

However In a remote area, with no Cell Tower/Power lines interference, the signal should be almost as strong as it is going to get.
Maybe try another cable, or smartphone/tablet as suggested. Find a high place to fly from also

As Robert Mitchell noted it may well have been that the device you were running the Go4 app on became disconnected but the rc was still connected. If Go4 reports disconnected look at the rc screen to see whether that is also reporting loss of signal. If the latter that is when the other posters’ comment become relevant.

Almost sounds like the RC lost connection to the Display if RTH worked and RTH worked.

1. Use the bottom USB not the side micro USB
2. Cable may be intermittent
3. Strongly suggest using an Anker brand USB cable. Available for Android and Apple. Cable needs to be
MFI certified. THINKING all Anker (Apple) cables are MFI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1