DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connectivity with the Mini 3 Pro. The aircraft did not regain communication until the aircraft was restarted.

DienoX

Reactions
Hi,
I flew a drone today. At some point I lost the image from the drone but I could still control it. I started flying to the launch site. After a while I lost any connection with the drone. I waited a few seconds for the drone to reconnect. Several seconds passed and the drone did not regain connection. I figured something must have hung up or the drone was destroyed. If the drone was destroyed, I had no option to save it, so I hoped that it would return to its starting point. I reset the controller. It didn't help. I reset the USB connection between the controller and the phone. It didn't help. I reset the apps on my phone, it didn't help. Since the connection was broken, 4 lights were flashing on the controller. Fortunately, the drone came back to me. He missed the charging spot by about 1 to 2 meters. I always launch the drone in free space at least 4 meters because I know that in the best conditions GNSS has an accuracy of about 3 meters. Fortunately, I usually always wait for the drone to get a good location.

When the drone was about 1.5 m above the ground I was wondering how to land the drone when I have no control over it. My first thought was that it would land on its own when the battery ran out. The problem, unfortunately, is that it is not known exactly when it will happen and the second problem is that my drone was constantly moving in the air, so it was difficult for it to land on the landing pad.
I noticed that there was an option to connect via Wi-Fi in the application. After selecting it, the application stated that the drone is connected to another controller! I don't know how this is possible but I am concerned about this message.
Then I tried to pair but failed.

After all that, I just took the drone in my hands and it turned off the engines and that's how it landed.

Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? I will not hide, but I did not expect such behavior from such a class of drone as the DJI Mini 3 Pro.

When the drone was about 1.5 m above the ground I was wondering how to land the drone when I have no control over it. My first thought was that it would land on its own when the battery ran out.
If you allow the RTH process to complete, it should land the drone automatically.

As I mentioned, when the RTH process was underway, the drone descended to 1.5 m, but not above the launch site, only 1-2 meters further, i.e. behind the landing mat. Fortunately, even if he landed there, he would still meet the grass. So it was actually a good thing he turned off the engines when I had him in my hand.

It doesn't change the fact that I don't know what happened to this drone, which worries me a lot. If it happened once, it can happen again.

Reactions: Jam0ne
I had a similar incident with my first Mini3pro on its second or third flight. It too became unresponsive and I power cycled the controller a couple of times as it hovered about a metre over clean, clear pavement. That aircraft, and the next didn't remain in my fleet. I'm not sure what was going on but it took me three times before I found a reliable unit. The third one I got at New Year's and now have 158 flights and 23hrs of good flight time on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas