DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost control over Mavic2 - RTH was fatal decision even at 55% batt

Please do a stick calibration on your remote. Even the logs showing up input when you know you did not, points to the remote control sticks out of adjustment. I hope that’s all it needs. Good luck and hope you get flying again soon.

Litchi not safe, had experience before with lose of control, I liked being able to map out trips, and other cool stuff litchi brings, almost lost my phantom 4pro, had to dump

Litchi not safe, had experience before with lose of control, I liked being able to map out trips, and other cool stuff litchi brings, almost lost my phantom 4pro, had to dump

Litchi is generally perfectly stable, so you likely had other problems.

Apologies for the lengthy delay between reports, my work ...
In regards to the state of the drone itself, when removing the battery some dew/water had collected there. Otherwise nothing else obvious or evident could be seen.
Hopefully it was just a very lucky landing.

At quite substantial cost i have ordered a new mavic2-RC as per the recommendations of this forum.

I must again express my gratitude to SAR104 and all those who put there insight and time into helping solve this problem. At the very least the experience has left me brand loyal.

Couldn't you have just recalibrated the one you had?
The old one was evidently sending spurious commands. A simple recalibration wouldn't address that. The OP was smart to switch it out.

Thank you Doppler , Prismatic and anyone who might still view this discussion. In conclusion to this lost and found scenario, i was reluctant to wait for the possible free replacement RC as this will drag on for a number of weeks through the authorized dealer. Wanting to fly the craft ASAP again i instead purchased a new RC and will instead take store credit should the ruling on the RC fall my way.

To those who recommended a replacement RC this has proved to be correct, so far in fact that the plane is suddenly very stable in hover, is comparatively very responsive to commands and has no unexpected altitude gains occuring.

Its like its brand new. Ultimately DJI will have the final say as to weather the RC can be replaced [its still within 1yr purchase warranty] but regardless i want to thank everyone from this MAVICPILOTS FORUM who put their knowledge and thoughts into giving advice and theroy to this "fly-away" problem.

I had given up on finding the plane but was nursed through this forum to a very favourable "found it" result.
May the love spread

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead