DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone

BOSSMAN1

Reactions
I've just lost my drone. All normal until about 8 minutes in to the flight the ( Mod Removed Language)thing just kept going up.. and up.... and up. I lost contact with it going past 990m height at 2mps vertical speed, with the battery down to less than 10% by then and everything bleeping and flashing. No direction control possible, no vertical control after those first few minutes. "Find my drone" shows me where it's supposed to be but four of us scouring the area can't find it. I suspect that was the last position the phone got signal and it could have travelled some distance in the wind at that height, even though on the ground there's hardly a breath. BUMMER! BTW the "cannot return automatically" message did come up.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want any analysis you will need to post the txt flightlog at least.
Have a look at either or both
Those sites include instructions concerning retrieval of the log, including where to look.
If the drone is a FLY app using drone then it would probably be easier for all concerned if you upload the log to the Phantomhelp page and then post the resulting link rather than having people here up load it.

I've just lost my drone. All normal until about 8 minutes in to the flight the ( Mod Removed Language)thing just kept going up.. and up.... and up. I lost contact with it going past 990m height at 2mps vertical speed, with the battery down to less than 10% by then and everything bleeping and flashing. No direction control possible, no vertical control after those first few minutes. "Find my drone" shows me where it's supposed to be but four of us scouring the area can't find it. I suspect that was the last position the phone got signal and it could have travelled some distance in the wind at that height, even though on the ground there's hardly a breath. BUMMER! BTW the "cannot return automatically" message did come up.
I've seen a couple of these recently that were caused by z-axis accelerometer failure. Was this an Air2? Either way - post the log file.

Question, would the CSC have brought it down if the response setting had been changed to "Anytime" or what ever the relevant name is?
Obviously the drone would be a write off but it might be preferable to crash it whilst still inside control range rather than have it .....whatever.
Besides there remains the slim chancea restart and save might be possible if the problem does not carry over to the next 'flight'.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like DJI should replace it. I thought RTH would always work. Guess not.

My first Mini took of at 50 ft and flew at that altitude for 1.5 miles with zero control, problem was wind was gusting to 40mph 50-100ft then dropped to 15mph above and below that range. What amazed me is the low res transmission kept working for that far. I have lost two of them to wind issues . The mini and mini 2 seem very sensitive to wind. I also had a mini 2 take off at full tilt straight up to 150-200ft with zero control. I was able to gain control at 200ft and forced a crash. Total loss. Lucky I had the the DJI Care. I isolated to cracked prop that flew off at take off. In all cases RTH engaged and could not overcome the loss of control.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada