DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST DRONE

DAVEYSF

Reactions
Hello People!

So, I had a ****** day and my drone got stolen. Does anyone know is there's a way to track it? My tab also got stolen but location tracking was disabled.

Any help is appreciated!

Not Really. Even less likely if they got the remote and the device you fly with. Your only hope is a view of the crime from any nearby video surveillance systems. If the person is recognizable in the footage (if any)

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Nope . No way to track it. Although if the person that stole your drone powers it up to fly and uses DJIGO4 then there is a recorded spot where that took place and DJI can be contacted to determine if they would release that information. Make sure to generate a police report that can be provided to DJI so that may "sway" thier decision as to weather or not they will release that information.

Statefarm insurance (had you had a Personal Articles Policy) would be covering this loss.Not the tablet as they stopped insuring those as so many people made claims for that style of item , but the drone for sure.

Sorry for your loss. You may be able to claim it on your homeowners insurance if you possess such a policy. However, the deductible is usually pretty high (around 1 Thousand Dollars)

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I DJI can track it for me. I'll post any updates!

Nope . No way to track it. Although if the person that stole your drone powers it up to fly and uses DJIGO4 then there is a recorded spot where that took place and DJI can be contacted to determine if they would release that information. Make sure to generate a police report that can be provided to DJI so that may "sway" thier decision as to weather or not they will release that information.
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I DJI can track it for me. I'll post any updates!
Some problems with that idea.
When you fly your DJI drone, it records a home point as you say.
But it does not report that back to DJI.
DJI have no idea where/when a drone is flying and only get to see your flight records afterwards if you choose to upload them to DJI.
Anyone stealing a Mavic is not going to be synching flight records for you.
Plus .. DJI have declined to provide that kind of information in the past.

Another lesson learned about securing valuables when they are unattended. Why would device tracking be disabled? That would only be smart to do on a STOLEN tablet, Or are you saying the thief disabled it.?

Another lesson learned about securing valuables when they are unattended. Why would device tracking be disabled? That would only be smart to do on a STOLEN tablet, Or are you saying the thief disabled it.?
The device doesn't have data so unless someone connects it to wifi before doing a factory reset, I probably won't be able to track it.

Some problems with that idea.
When you fly your DJI drone, it records a home point as you say.
But it does not report that back to DJI.
DJI have no idea where/when a drone is flying and only get to see your flight records afterwards if you choose to upload them to DJI.
Anyone stealing a Mavic is not going to be synching flight records for you.
Plus .. DJI have declined to provide that kind of information in the past.
Well, that sucks. Thanks, though! Hopefully my tax dollars might get the police to treat me more than just a statistic.

The device doesn't have data so unless someone connects it to wifi before doing a factory reset, I probably won't be able to track it.
Did you have it set up with a lock screen or password? or can that be defeated by about anyone anyway?

Unfortunately I didn't do any of that. So I am **** out of luck.

Thank you all.
Well it also works the other way. I bought a Wunder tablet (Huawei 7) and entered a code to get into it as a security feature, which was different from my ipad code. However, I use it so seldom that now I can't remember the code and I did not write it down. So I have one last attempt at getting the code correct (tried three already) before it gets shut down to me for ever. Anyone have any idea how I would go about sorting this out? Had I not chosen to set up the security code, I could still use it. So it is, as we say in the UK, swings and roundabouts.

Well it also works the other way. I bought a Wunder tablet (Huawei 7) and entered a code to get into it as a security feature, which was different from my ipad code. However, I use it so seldom that now I can't remember the code and I did not write it down. So I have one last attempt at getting the code correct (tried three already) before it gets shut down to me for ever. Anyone have any idea how I would go about sorting this out? Had I not chosen to set up the security code, I could still use it. So it is, as we say in the UK, swings and roundabouts.
Try some of these:
https://www.google.com/search?q=huawei+7+lock+password

Factory Reset? Do a YouTube search on how to factoey reset your Huawei.. Something like Vol- and power button at start upbot something... good luck

Sorry for your loss OP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard