DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST DRONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

agpro

Reactions
So bummed. Was just taking the Mavic Pro 2 out for an early sunset flight in my neighborhood. Using my DJI smart controller.

Great connection had just taken off and I flew up and about 3 blocks away. BOOM. "Aircraft disconnected" of course I've ran into this issue before but always have managed to walk around and regain signal within 30 seconds.

Panic sets in and I RTH. Nothing. Couldn't hear it, or see it!!! I used "find my drone" to check its last location and couldn't find anything. Walked up and down the streets trying gain connection.

So far nothing!!!

It's clearly dead now. So no hope in reconnecting...??

Anyone know what to do in a time like this?! Was it a system malfunction and can I get a new one if I reach out to DJI??! How can I find this

Did you hear it say at takeoff "home point recorded please check it on the map" - if you did and it did not come back then it likely went down - use your app to find the last GPS coordinate and look around there. If there was a bit of wind, look downwind of the last point.

If you did not hear that then your homepoint was when you had enough satellites once in the sky. I never take off till I get that "home point recorded please check it on the map".

Follow this:

So bummed. Was just taking the Mavic Pro 2 out for an early sunset flight in my neighborhood. Using my DJI smart controller.

Great connection had just taken off and I flew up and about 3 blocks away. BOOM. "Aircraft disconnected" of course I've ran into this issue before but always have managed to walk around and regain signal within 30 seconds.

Panic sets in and I RTH. Nothing. Couldn't hear it, or see it!!! I used "find my drone" to check its last location and couldn't find anything. Walked up and down the streets trying gain connection.

So far nothing!!!

It's clearly dead now. So no hope in reconnecting...??

Anyone know what to do in a time like this?! Was it a system malfunction and can I get a new one if I reach out to DJI??! How can I find this

Post the txt flight log to this forum - those often reveal both what happened and where it ended up.

TXT log: DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Also remember to make sure the location setting on the SC are on, if you install the GApps they tend to turn them off until you re-enable them.

I second the upload your logs comment by sar104. I recommend you do that quickly then run back out where the aircraft was when you lost contact. It likely fell from the sky when you lost contact. Where would it go? Look there.

After reading posts such as this, I placed “Reward if found” with my phone number stickers on all my Mavics and I 2. Who knows? They may work someday?

Reactions: Joe Boudreault
No updates from OP makes me wonder.

Two words: Marco Polo! My kids just gave me one, and then did a test. They hid it outside, and the system led me to the base of the tree where they had hidden it (higher up in the tree). I think turning the device vertically (rolling it over on its side) probably would have shown me where in the tree to look. I’ll test that next.

Last edited:
Two words: Marco Polo! My kids just gave me one, and then did a test. They hid it outside, and the system led me to the base of the tree where they had hidden it (higher up in the tree). I think turning the device vertically (rolling it over on its side) probably would have shown me where in the tree to look. I’ll test that next.
I always attach it when flying outdoors. So far i only had an issue once when the beacon unit somehow misteriosly self discharged while turned off, but, i think it was a random glitch. Other than that - works very well, a good 12g insurance.

The OP must of found it. NEXT...........

in Australia you must have VLOS
3 blocks is 600m plus. you must have very good eyesight to see it that far away (but you did say you couldnt see it
is VLOS not a requirement in your country?

Reactions: Phill
@sar104 , I wanted to get your opinion something. I've seen a few threads here and elsewhere about the MP2's "just falling out of the sky". Any thoughts on something like the battery swelling causing a power failure? Seems many of the stories are similar, including what was said with @worldtraveller and dropping into the water.

@sar104 , I wanted to get your opinion something. I've seen a few threads here and elsewhere about the MP2's "just falling out of the sky". Any thoughts on something like the battery swelling causing a power failure? Seems many of the stories are similar, including what was said with @worldtraveller and dropping into the water.

As far as I can tell, based on the limited data from maybe 10 or 12 cases, there appear to be at least two distinct causes. One is batteries that are incompletely locked into place and become dislodged in flight. You can argue that's some combination of design flaw and user error. The other is failure of the flight controller - effectively a system crash.

As far as I can tell, based on the limited data from maybe 10 or 12 cases, there appear to be at least two distinct causes. One is batteries that are incompletely locked into place and become dislodged in flight. You can argue that's some combination of design flaw and user error. The other is failure of the flight controller - effectively a system crash.
Thank You. Given your expertise in this, I wanted to check.

agpro as soon as you come back and want to continue this let me know in a message and I will reopen this or just start another thread .
Seems one member doesn't know not to hijack another thread with his own issue then argue with other members so this Closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos