DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost M2Z, new pilot, unsure what went wrong

Once Year

Reactions
Flew about 20 flights. Read everything, still trying to digest it all, but I'm trying to be diligent. I flew out over a salt marsh in late evening. Received notification on Smart Controller that signal had been lost. Maps showed drone in one place. Hoped RTH would kick in, but no such luck.

What I would love to do is find the information about the flight. I see where many of you folks post data and logs from a flight, but don't know where to find that data. The manual has no information about this, or how to access it, unless you have the actual drone and plug it in using an App called DJI Assistant. Bu this app appears to require that you plug in the drone. I must be missing something.

I have a new M2Z, want to understand what I did wrong with the first one.

What I would love to do is find the information about the flight. I see where many of you folks post data and logs from a flight, but don't know where to find that data. The manual has no information about this, or how to access it, unless you have the actual drone and plug it in using an App called DJI Assistant. Bu this app appears to require that you plug in the drone. I must be missing something.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: Once Year
I suspect Logs on mobile won't show anything since everything appeared OK at the time of disconnect.

How old are the batteries? Do any of your remaining batteries show any sign of swelling?

Just realized you mentioned the M2Z is new.
You also mentioned it was late evening. Do you mean it was dark or was the sun still up but low in the sky?

I suspect Logs on mobile won't show anything since everything appeared OK at the time of disconnect.

How old are the batteries? Do any of your remaining batteries show any sign of swelling?
All batteries new and everything in great condition

Post your DATA as requested in posts #2 & #3 and you might get some answers. Maybe . . .

It can be confusing. You can loose the video feed without loosing flight control. In that case, RTH won’t be initiated until low battery.

The sticks will still be working, and you may have flown into something.

It can be confusing. You can loose the video feed without loosing flight control. In that case, RTH won’t be initiated until low battery.

The sticks will still be working, and you may have flown into something.

He might have it set to "Hover" for loss of signal. Then in low light the OA doesn't work and the drone crashed. I wonder if he tried "find my drone"?

He might have it set to "Hover" for loss of signal. Then in low light the OA doesn't work and the drone crashed. I wonder if he tried "find my drone"?
I did, but the location was inaccessible without a boat and some other equipment. What is "OA?"

unless you have the actual drone and plug it in using an App called DJI Assistant. Bu this app appears to require that you plug in the drone. I must be missing something.
That is for the aircraft .dat. Unfortunately that file is encrypted and un-readable. However, the device .txt and .dat are.

OA is "Obstacle Avoidance" FYI.

Post your DATA as requested in posts #2 & #3 and you might get some answers. Maybe . . .
Thanks. So the link from posts #2 and #3 does not appear to work with the DJI Smart Controller which is the device I was using at the time of loss. However, I think I have found the .txt file in a folder called DJIFlightRecord....txt so I am hoping I can upload that file.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-11-29_[17-43-34].txt
    594.5 KB · Views: 20
@Once Year I don't see anything obvious that would have caused the autoland. Battery was fine and everything looks ok.
I see no signal loss whatsoever in this flight. Downlink remained all the way to the ground. The aircraft was responding to all of your stick inputs for the duration, so that also says uplink was still good as well. My only question here is I don't understand why you didn't issue throttle up.

1575998471661.png

@Once Year I don't see anything obvious that would have caused the autoland. Battery was fine and everything looks ok.
I see no signal loss whatsoever in this flight. Downlink remained all the way to the ground. The aircraft was responding to all of your stick inputs for the duration, so that also says uplink was still good as well. My only question here is I don't understand why you didn't issue throttle up.

View attachment 87807
Thanks--I can't answer your question about "throttle up." There was essentially no visible response on the Smart Controller, so I did not know what was happening. I was pressing RTH button, but there was no movement of the drone location on the map. It simply stayed in one place on the map.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird