DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Air 2 -- Red Canyon Park, Canon City, CO

Brenden Guthrie

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic Air 2 yesterday in Red Canyon Park, CO when the battery died on return to home. I lost connection before the drone started to land (therefore it was still flying under my control when the battery died). I looked for 5+ hours with my fiance using the Find My Drone feature, the last known coordinates and flight path, and the last thing that the camera saw in the air before connection was lost.

We dont live in the area and dont know when we'll be able to fly back out to colorado. Yesterday was my only available day to loo for it because I fly home today. How do I go about posting my flight records for data extrapolation? Is there anything else I can do?

First, sorry for your loss
Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

------->>> CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO GET LOGS <<<--------

I was flying my Mavic Air 2 yesterday in Red Canyon Park, CO when the battery died on return to home. I lost connection before the drone started to land (therefore it was still flying under my control when the battery died). I looked for 5+ hours with my fiance using the Find My Drone feature, the last known coordinates and flight path, and the last thing that the camera saw in the air before connection was lost.

We dont live in the area and dont know when we'll be able to fly back out to colorado. Yesterday was my only available day to loo for it because I fly home today. How do I go about posting my flight records for data extrapolation? Is there anything else I can do?
Is this the area north of Monte Vista? If so, we will be nearby the last two weeks of August, and would be happy to have a look. If it is the right one just message me. jcbff

Is this the area north of Monte Vista? If so, we will be nearby the last two weeks of August, and would be happy to have a look. If it is the right one just message me. jcbff
Yea, I am guessing it would be between 75-100 miles from Monte Vista? I live north of Colorado Springs and was just flying down that area filming Bishop's Castle. You would have to see exactly where the drone is expected to be as some of that area is inaccessible. Lots of deep ravines/gorges. And afternoon thunderstorms are most every day so you would certainly want to do it early.

Yea, I am guessing it would be between 75-100 miles from Monte Vista? I live north of Colorado Springs and was just flying down that area filming Bishop's Castle. You would have to see exactly where the drone is expected to be as some of that area is inaccessible. Lots of deep ravines/gorges. And afternoon thunderstorms are most every day so you would certainly want to do it early.
If you can mark the area on a map for me, we can search the area with our two drones.

It is probably a good idea to have the crash wizards just send the coordinates to the person going to do the looking as otherwise you post the coordinates in a public forum a ton of people will be down there looking and the original owner probably would never get their MA2 back if found.

It is probably a good idea to have the crash wizards just send the coordinates to the person going to do the looking as otherwise you post the coordinates in a public forum a ton of people will be down there looking and the original owner probably would never get their MA2 back if found.
I'll send you a pm

Umm... I'm not from the area. Its outside of canon city (about an hour from Colorado Springs)

The park is 85 miles from me according to Google maps. I wouldn't mind looking for it but I am ready to leave on a month long hike. If it is say within a half mile of the road that is one thing but if it is a ways off the road that is another. Also, I believe the MA2 has downward sensors as there are a lot of trees in the area so it could be on the top of one of those. If the crash wizards get the coordiantes and it is easy access and not in the trees I could possibly run down there but if there is any doubt or any ravines then I would have to have someone else. I gave up climbing with ropes and a harness almost 30 years ago. Truthfully @jcbff is probably your best bet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman