DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Air on Shakespeare near Tahoe

chauv

Reactions
Managed to get my Mavic Air stuck in a tree on the West side of Shakespeare near Glenbrook. Its about 60' up so climbing the tree seemed like a horrible idea.

Call a tree service (Ed Cook is the largest) and see if they will be in Glenbook in the next couple of days. They might grab it for you for little cost. I live in South Lake Tahoe and rarely fly near my house. I'm guessing the avoidance didn't work?

I know this advice is a little too late, but, I too live in the Sierras - frickin' trees everywhere. As I approach trees I tilt the camera down slightly - say15-20°. And I ask myself, "Can I see the 'tip-tops' of the trees?" If you can see the tips, then you are flying above them. If not, then prepare to call a tree service - as suggested above. Good luck - report back if you successfully recover the drone.

Reactions: Odom1957
Unfortunately I had to fly out the next morning. I've family that stayed through the end of June and they hiked back up on the 30th hoping it had been knocked down by the wind but no such luck.

Youd be correct that the avoidance didnt work as well as I'd hoped but there was certainly some human error involved.

Reactions: DamDoc
If you reset your gimbal straight ahead, then anything below the horizon (center of screen) will be below the drone. I allow for some extra space, but I have seen some people get what I would call WAY too close and still clear obstacles.

Reactions: DamDoc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+