DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Mini after 5 days of purchase.

Right but please see that location on google map. My plan was to send it to below the home point location to see the creek reason between two hillsides.

Well okay - but then you shouldn't have hit the remote control RTH button at 243 seconds, causing it to start to ascend to 30 meters and putting it up into the wind.

Well okay - but then you shouldn't have hit the remote control RTH button at 243 seconds, causing it to start to ascend to 30 meters and putting it up into the wind.

I didn't know that it would ascend to 30mtrs with RTH, I was thinking after RTH drone will be back with following the exact track how it is there.

I didn't know that it would ascend to 30mtrs with RTH, I was thinking after RTH drone will be back with following the exact track how it is there.

I realize that, but the fact that you didn't read about and understand the operation of the aircraft before flying is not DJIs fault. That's pilot error, unfortunately.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I've lost count. Since the MM was released I have lost count of all the blow aways, fly aways, literally flying into lakes and oceans . . . DJI has got to be tired of all the false claims, irate calls and angry pilots who 'assumed' they could fly without reading and understanding the envelope and performance of the aircraft. DJI made these birds sooo easy to fly that (unfortunately) its causing them headaches.

I'm tired of reading. It's 11:05 pm here in Southern California. Good night pilots. There will be another 10 more to read when I arise. ?‍♂️

Firstly, I didn't see any wind alarm on the app for that flight, so, I was confused. Otherwise, I would make a forced landing.
You received a warning on your first flight. You can't depend on all the automation to fly safely. A good pilot is one who prepares for every possibility during a flight. Pre-flight checks are just as important as any piloting skill once off the ground. That initial flight should have been all the warning necessary to pack up and wait to fly another day. Always check the flight conditions before you even head out the door. UAV Forecast is just one app that will give you a very good overview of the conditions. Set the criteria in the UAV Forecast app for wind at altitude to protect yourself and your drone in the future. I would suggest to set it for a maximum wind (with gusts) to 20 MPH at 400 feet for your MM. Perhaps even lower max wind speed until you get better at it.
I didn't know RTH height was set to 30mtrs...
All pilots should thoroughly read the entire user manual before ever starting up the motors. In the case of the MM it is only 49 pages so it's not even as long as the other DJI products. You can see the RTH procedure clearly listed on Page 13. There is a lot of good information in the user manual. Read it cover to cover multiple times. That is only a bare minimum for safe flight.
Also, what is your idea about RTH algorithm " Is it right to go to preset level if the pilot hit RTH while the aircraft was below then its preset level?"
Yes it is, when you think about what the intent of that algorithm is. The intent is to hopefully assure there are no obstacles between the craft and the home point during a RTH procedure. As the RPIC, it is your responsibility to survey the surroundings before each flight and decide what the proper RTH altitude should be in order to clear the tallest obstacle in the vicinity. A secondary consideration is to make sure the RTH altitude is not high enough to catch any strong winds or to incur in any controlled airspace. Remember that you were using the default setting, but you can change that RTH altitude yourself at any time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78