DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic over Lake Michigan - Seeking Input

Soft7

Reactions
So I took the Mavic out for a spin yesterday and it never came back. I do have a battery mod with dual 4000 batteries and was going low and in PMode with GPS. The signal was good and wind was calm. However, I did notice later in the flight the battery level was not dropping so I knew It was time to turn around after only a short 6 min flight.

ABout the time I was going to turn around the flight with my iPhone 6 Plus, I got disconnected from the Litchi app. The Litchi app indicated it was disconnected but I still had control via the remote. I even got the bird to come towards me for a minute as the distance got closer. (Flight data does not show this from what I can tell) All of a sudden the remote did not work either. It just held the distance and elevation numbers while the remote said “connecting” and the app indicated it was disconnected. I wait since I had RTH and made sure my home point was selected prior to the flight. In addition, I made sure I was properly positioned and maximized the remote location so it was pointed at the bird. A reconnected never occurred for quite some time.

I hopped in the car and went to the last know location based of AirData Uav and had my girlfriend sit and wait for over an hour in case the bird would RTH, or she could see the LEDS.

I was able to keep the windows down and kept the remote pointed in the direction of the bird the best I could. I got to the last known location and waited and waited. During this time I also tried connecting to DJI Go 4 along with Litchi. In addition, I made sure the cable was seated properly.

My precious Mavic was never seen again!

I was using Litchi and just recently updated to the new IOS 11 a few days ago. I have noticed some glitches and some app shut downs since the update as well. This includes DJI Go 4 not connecting to the the bird and previous app shut downs.

Can someone please take a look at the flight records and offer some insight? I still would have thought the Mavic would have returned to home since this is what I had selected and has worked every other time using Litchi.

Thanks for any feedback.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/LONHIHW2GZH7H7GT2W4L/2017-10-05_10-24-49_Standard.csv

Last edited:
Looks like battery failure to me. Once the remote tried to reconnect, the MP was probably powered down (and sinking into the depths).

Sorry, but looks like a battery failure and crash.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000