DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic pro !!

Dellaj

Reactions
I need help ! My son was flying his mavic pro at a friends house near the woods . A message flashed low battery so he hit return home . During return home it disconnected and said it was landing . We can see it on a map but can't reconnect and can't find coordinates so we can go find it in the woods . Any suggestions to help ?!!?

Dont panic.

In thee go pro app main screen click on the top right corner menu. In the list select 'find my drone'

It will open a google map with your last location... follow the line!

Good luck.

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
Great advice. It worked for me. "find my Drone" will show the Mavic's last known location, and show your position as your search. the gray doesn't stand out well in foliage, but you will find it.

I tried this it just showed me a map without a location . I can view my flight pattern if I click something though

Attachments

• IMG_8496.JPG
    IMG_8496.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_8497.JPG
    IMG_8497.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 126
Go to the upper right corner in the main menu in the DJI Go app and open up flight data and look at the flight statistics . Lower right should have GPS coordinates you can use at the last point of contact.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
I lost my Mavic through incredible stupidity, but got in my car and found it quickly, because when we got nearer, it popped up as a blue dot on the map, and our (RC) position as a different symbol. From there it wss easy: it wss in some woods behind someone's house. I asked a lady and her kid, who lived in a house right by the drones indicated location if they had seen it. The lady said, "See I told you it was a drone!", to her son, who had on hiking boots and blue jeans. He went in And quickly found it for me. I have them each $20 I was so relieved.

It was a personal longest flight, but my tailwind kind of diminished... Stupid to cut it so close but I learned something. Looking at the video inn The SD card, the Mavic hovered for few minutes easy, right above the canopy of the trees. It obviously preferred not to land there! Smart little gadget. Then the Battery really went dead enough so that it landed or fell through the trees to the ground. No video, but a GPS signal. It entered its autoland sequence at about 10% of battery. I didn't know it could be totally overridden. I feel incredibly ignorant now, but unless you know it's not totally obvious. It takes a lot of up throttle, but the autoland can be over - ridden, and you can fly it down to 0% battery. . Or close to it. I don't know whether it can be flown to the point that it falls out of the sky, but real close. Something good to know in an emergency, when you've almost got it made. I would have made it, if I known that day. If you just hit RTH, and don't take control back. It will probably land where it is when 10% battery left.

If you fly in the woods i suggest you to fit a mini drone keeper that will beep for more than 2 hours and let you find the drone. I'll always put it on when flying in certain areas ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa